This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
I am a HUGE pumpkin pie fan and this year I won’t be leaving the pups out from enjoying some pumpkin too!!
These frozen dog treats are not only ridiculously easy to make, but also very healthy!
Pureed pumpkin is high in fiber (helping with diarrhea and constipation), antioxidants & essential fatty acids (good for a healthy coat), and can aid in maintaining good urinary-tract health.
Today, I made a batch of healthy Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats and they turned out awesome! Kenzo devoured his & Vík nibbled on his (slowly but surely, like he does with everything).
Easy Homemade Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Yield: It will depend on the size of ice cube trays/silicone mold that you use, but ours made 15 paw print treats.
- 1/4 Cup All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Can Organic Pureed Pumpkin (just pumpkin, no additives)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Silicon ice cube tray ((I am OBSESSED with our paw print silicone tray))
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until liquified.
- Add in peanut butter, cinnamon, and pumpkin while stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined and is the consistency of a thick soup.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and refrigerate or freeze until they are set. (2-4 hours)
- Pop the molded treats out of tray and treat your doggy!
- Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 2 weeks.