TODAY, March 22, 2020, @ 2 pm I launched the Donation-based “Sidewalk Sessions 2020 for Milwaukee (and surrounding area) families! #sidewalksessions2020
**Update 4/2: I finished my last Sidewalk Session for Hunger Task Force Donations today! The past 12 days have been so humbling, rewarding, and truly special for me! Thank you to everyone who participated! We raised over $2600.00!!! I will now be offering a very similar type of session, but these will be called Safe Distance Minis and I will be donating a percentage to Saint Luke’s Hospital to support our Health Care Workers. Please contact me on the Studio 29 Website to inquiry about these new Safe Distance Mini Sessions Starting in April.
HERE is the PHOTO GALLERY of this amazing series! Feel Free to Download Your Family Photos (For Free) and Share Online. Please credit @house_fur or @Studio29photography and @thehungertaskforce. #sidewalksessions2020
**Update 3/27: I am fully booked through next week for my Side Walk Sessions for the Hunger Task Force and as of today we have raised over $1700! Thank you Wisconsin and thank you to Spectrum News 1 for covering this story and linking back to this blog post with all of the details and family photos! I’ve had the pleasure of visiting homes all over and I am so thankful!
**Update 3/25: I am extending this for another week! I will be limiting my sessions to the Bay View, Walker’s Point, Third Ward, and Wauwatosa area. Please email me and include “Sidewalk Session and where you live” in the subject line. Thanks!! This will help me group together houses and get in as many people as possible. As of today, I’ve raised over $1400!!
**Update: 3/23: Wow!!! Friends and family from all over! I’ve raised over $700 for Hunger Task Force, Inc. in less than 48 hours and driven over 110 miles! I am fully booked for this week as of 2:23 pm 3/23/2020. Depending on how things are looking I may do more sessions like this in the near future. And, as long as I am allowed to stay a safe distance from everyone, I will continue to do the rest of the sessions I have booked throughout this week.
**Update: 3/22: Due to the overwhelming response – I will try my hardest to do as many as humanly possible – so please be kind. I will be getting in as many sessions as possible 3/22 – 3/28/2020. I raised over $200 in the first 24 hours of launching! Thank you to everyone!
Hunger Task Force Sidewalk Sessions 2020
- Please send an email to ren @ foto-29.com w/ the subject line “Sidewalk Session”
- I’ll write you back as soon as possible and we can schedule a time and date for me to come over
- I’ll pop over for just 5 minutes and snap some photos of your family with your dog just being together in front of your home
- I’d also love to snap at least one photo of your family holding a sign with a positive message or happy thought (I plan to do a blog post to share all the positive messages with the world)
- FYI: This is not a typical photo session where you need to get dressed up and look your best. I encourage you to, in the words of Kurt Cobain, “Come As You Are”. However you are looking these days, come outside for 5 minutes and let me capture your family being you, outside of your house, on your porch, or in your yard. For privacy reasons, I will edit out any address numbers in the photos. I will be following the appropriate social distance guidelines.
- I’m not charging for these sessions. I am accepting Venmo Donations that I will give 100% to the Hunger Task Force. My Venmo name is: @ren-lenhof-29
- I will send the family photos to everyone participating in THIS ONLINE GALLERY entitled Sidewalk Sessions Project 2020. You will be able to directly download your photo(s) and share it with your friends and family!
- I would be so thankful if you were able to share your photo online and tag @house_fur and @hungertaskforce so that these photos can continue to bring awareness of the much-needed support from our community during this outbreak.
- I started the sessions today, 3-22-2020 and I would love to get as many in as possible this week. Please email (ren @ foto-29.com) me or contact me via my Studio 29 Photography contact form. Thank you!
My friend Matt from the Hunger Task Force thanks you too, “We’re just so grateful. Not only will this provide critical meals and healthy food to families, but this can raise awareness so more people know that there is an unprecedented need in so many communities right now.”
The purpose of this project is to bring us together when we might feel isolated and to document this time spent at home.
**Due to overwhelming response within 12 hours of posting – I will try my hardest to do as many as humanly possible – so please be kind.
Be Kind, Stay Home, and Wash Your Hands