Are you looking for a delicious, grown-up treat to serve at your next party? If so, you’ll definitely want to try this amazing Buttery Nipple Shot! This creamy cocktail is the perfect way to celebrate any special occasion – and it’s surprisingly easy to make.
With just two ingredients – a few ounces of butternut schnapps liqueur and Bailey’s Irish Cream – all that stands in between you and this boozy delight is a few minutes of prep time.
You can learn how to prepare a classic Buttery Nipple Shot with our step-by-step guide below!
How to Make A Buttery Nipple Shot
Who doesn’t love the combination of butterscotch and cream? If you’re throwing a party or just looking for an easy way to shake up your next adult gathering, then look no further – we’ve got the perfect solution to tantalize those taste buds: Buttery Nipple Shots!
This classic shot combines fiery butterscotch schnapps with sweet Bailey’s Irish Cream for a delicious blend of buttery and creamy butterscotch candy flavors.
So, whether you’re planning an impromptu get-together or just want to take your next drink up a notch, getting ready won’t take more than a few minutes — all you need is your favorite ingredients, some ice cubes, and (of course) some good company.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Buttery Nipple Shot
- 1 ½ Oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- ½ Oz Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
- Small Spoon
- Shot Glasses
If you’re looking to make a delicious but simple shot at home, the Buttery Nipple is perfect for you. This simple mixture of two simple ingredients Butterscotch Schnapps and Bailey’s Irish Cream in a clear shot glass – will give you a shot packed with flavor and sweetness and look really pretty!
What’s better is that it goes down easier than others due to its separate layers of each simple ingredient that combine together for a truly enjoyable experience.
Why is it called Buttery Nipple?
And what’s so special about this drink that it deserves such a saucy name? That’s a deliciously good question!
The Buttery Nipple shot gained immense popularity in the ’80s during a time when other drinks with suggestive titles were highly consumed, such as the Sex on the Beach cocktail, Fuzzy Nipple shot, and Redheaded Slut Shot. This popular shot is perfect for bachelorette parties or served shaken together in a martini glass.
Read on to learn how easy it can be to make this iconic buttery nipple recipe at home!
Tips & Tricks for perfecting your Buttery Nipple Shot
If you’re on a mission to create the perfect Buttery Nipple Shot, there are a few tips and tricks you should keep in mind.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are chilled before making this easy shot so that this creamy shot will go down smoothly.
- Don’t overfill the shot glass – the last thing you want is for this delicious concoction to overflow!
- It’s important you don’t hold the spoon too high over the top of the shot or it will mix the shot ingredients.
- Even using the back of a bar spoon, the ingredients will look like they’re mixing just a bit; this is normal. If you give it just a few minutes, it tends to separate again as long as the ingredients aren’t mixed too much.
- The fancy way to take a buttery nipple layered shot is without mixing the ingredients, which is why it is helpful to use the back of a spoon when adding in the layers. However, you can serve it with both ingredients mixed together in a cocktail shaker.
- These shots are great with whipped cream on the top, especially if you’re serving it mixed. I don’t prefer doing this as you have to eat the whipped cream first before downing the shot, but if you’re going for looks, this is a great topping. For the most part, these are served without garnish because they’re gorgeous all on their own.
Buttery Nipple Shot
- 1 jigger
- 1 Small Spoon
- 1 Shot Glass
- 1 ½ Ounces Butterscotch Schnapps
- ½ Ounce Bailey’s
- Measure out the schnapps and pour it into your designated shot glass.
- Holding the spoon over the glass, with the top of the spoon level with the liquid in the shot glass, pour the Bailey’s gently and very slowly over the spoon. Enjoy!
Even using the spoon, the ingredients will look like they’re mixing just a bit; this is normal. If you give it just a few minutes, it tends to separate again as long as the ingredients aren't mixed too much.
The fancy way to take a buttery nipple is without mixing the ingredients. However, you can serve it with both ingredients mixed together.
These shots are great with whipped cream on the top, especially if you’re serving it mixed. I don’t like doing this because then you have to eat the whipped cream first before downing the shot, but if you’re going for looks, this is a great topping. But, for the most part, these are served without garnish because they’re gorgeous all on their own.
What’s the difference between a buttery nipple shot and a slippery nipple shot?
The Slippery Nipple is another easy-to-make two-ingredient shooter featuring Irish cream, but it skips the butterscotch schnapps and instead calls for Sambuca, an Italian anise-flavored liqueur. This shot still has a creamy texture, just like the buttery nipple.
All in all, this Buttery Nipple Shot is an amazing combination of sweet, creamy butterscotch liqueur and Bailey’s Irish Cream—perfect for any special occasion.
While it might be a bit tricky to make at home (especially if you don’t have all the ingredients or the proper tools), this divine little combo packs a strong punch with decent alcohol content.
With the right ingredients and some patience, you can definitely create your own Buttery Nipples that would make even the most sophisticated palate happy.
Finally, next time you’re looking for a signature shot to make the night complete, look no further- just give this delicious drink a try! You won’t be sorry!