I’ve been quite sick for the past 3 weeks and Caleb has been a champ and taking care of dinner for us every evening. Last night he made an amazing dish for us and I loved it! If you know me, you know I love Chicken Pot Pie and I order it any time I see it on a menu so this was an amazing treat for me and is the perfect meal for curing the winter blues.
We love our instant pot and Caleb has been experimenting and coming up with some amazing meals for us. The instant pot has enabled us to have healthy and delicious meals even when time is scarce.
Caleb’s Chicken Pot Pie was delicious, low sodium, low fat, and full of veggies. You can make this recipe gluten-free by opting out of the biscuit on-top. You can also add other veggies if you want – I love peas, so I might ask him to add those next time he makes it!
Caleb's Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 2 Potatoes We used (1 red and (1) yellow)
- 1 lb Carrots
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock or No Salt Added Bone Broth
- 2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- Pillsbury Biscuits
- Chop onion, celery, potatoes, and carrots.
- Add chopped vegetables, seasoning, and chicken to Instant Pot.
- Pour stock over everything.
- Cover and set on high pressure for 10 minutes. While Instant Pot is cooking, make biscuits per package instructions.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 5-10 minutes.
- Release pressure and stir everything in the pot. (Chicken will fall apart on its own while you stir.)
- Serve in a bowl or deep plate directly on the biscuits or break biscuits apart and set on top.