I’ve been quite sick for the past 3 weeks, and Caleb has been a champ and taking care of dinner for us every evening. Last night he made an amazing dish for us, and I loved it! If you know me, you know I love Chicken Pot Pie, and I order it whenever I see it on a menu, so this was an amazing treat for me and is the perfect meal for curing the winter blues.
We love our instant pot, and Caleb has been experimenting and coming up with some amazing meals. The instant pot has enabled us to have healthy and delicious meals even when time is scarce.
If you love the Instant Pot as much as we do, then Caleb’s recipe is perfect for you. You can make this delicious dish gluten-free by opting out of the biscuit on top and adding other veggies if you want. This meal will be ready in no time (less than an hour), so it’ll feel like a cheat day when really it just feels like Monday dinner! So get your hands on this healthy and low-fat recipe now!
Caleb’s Chicken Pot Pie was delicious, low sodium, low fat, and full of veggies. You can make this recipe gluten-free by opting out of the biscuit on top. You can also add other veggies if you want – I love peas, so I might ask him to add those next time he makes it! Looking for another healthy & easy Instant Pot Recipe? Try Caleb’s Instant Pot Chicken Chili.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- White Onion
- Celery stalks
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock or No Salt Added Bone Broth
- Pillsbury Biscuits (optional)
Caleb's Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 2 Potatoes We used (1 red and (1) yellow)
- 1 lb Carrots
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock or No Salt Added Bone Broth
- 2 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- Pillsbury Biscuits
- Chop onion, celery, potatoes, and carrots.
- Add chopped vegetables, seasoning, and chicken to Instant Pot.
- Pour stock over everything.
- Cover and set on high pressure for 10 minutes. While Instant Pot is cooking, make biscuits per package instructions.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 5-10 minutes.
- Release pressure and stir everything in the pot. (Chicken will fall apart on its own while you stir.)
- Serve in a bowl or deep plate directly on the biscuits or break biscuits apart and set on top.