It’s now August 1st! What the what?? Where has my favorite month gone??
July is my favorite month for many reasons:
- It’s usually the sunniest month here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- I love eating hot dogs, and the 4th of July guarantees plenty of grilled hot dogs!
- Our wedding anniversary is on July 29th
- We spend a lot of time on our patio or in our hammock
- The Milwaukee Air & Water Show! Unfortunately, it was canceled this year.Â
- The warm weather means we have kept the roof and all the doors off the Jeep! It is so fun to cruise around in and makes trips to Home Depot so easy because we can load up the Jeep with mulch bags, outdoor plants, and whatever else we need for home renovations.
Albeit this Â July was quite different than all other Julys it was still pretty darn fantastic! Here are some highlights!
Highlights from July 2020
1) Caleb and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary
Wow. The past 6 1/2 years have flown by so fast!
We have traveled together to Iceland (4x), Scotland, Washington DC, Davis West Virginia, Richmond and Charlottesville Virginia, All over Illinois, Mexico, Belize, Oregon, Idaho, Kentucky, San Francisco, Sonoma, Napa, Pheonix & Scottsdale Arizona, Otgen Utah, Michigan, all over Wisconsin, Minneapolis Minnesota, Denver, Golden, and Boulder Colorado. And, probably a handful more I cannot think of right now.
See more photos from our time together in my 4th-anniversary post, here.Â
2) I got my very first and second blowout at The DryBar!
When Joy contacted me about having me over to do my hair and share about it, I knew it would be a great opportunity to try something new, admire the tricks of the trade, and inspire other gals to treat themselves to a blowout of their very own! Dry Bar is Milwaukeeâ€™s very first salon dedicated to the quick and beautiful blowouts! Drybar is the nationâ€™s premier blow dry bar specializing in just blowouts, no cuts, no color! See more about my first experience at Dry Bar MKE, Here.The first time I got a Dirty Martini and the second timeÂ I got the â Mai Tai!â
3) We celebrated the 10th Business Anniversary for Studio 29 Photography!
Wow! I have been in business for a whole decade!!! I am so proud of my 22-year-old self for taking that leap! See more photos from our little backyard business anniversary bash on the Studio 29 Blog.Â
4) Hannah Turned One!!
5) So Many Tomatoes!
I’m so happy with our tomato plants!! We put two large planters on our front porch for 4 tomato plants and one banana pepper plant! The banana pepper plant only has given us 4 peppers thus far, but our tomato plant is pumping out fruit like crazy!! Need some tomato gardening hacks? I’ve got you covered in this post.Â
6) Crab Cakes!!
I made my very first crab cakes – all by myself!!! They were so good – and I know good crab cakes because I am from Annapolis Maryland! I also made my own tartar sauce and it was better than any storebought tartar!