Did you know Coconut Oil is healthy for both You and Your Dog?
After doing some more research and reading an excessive amount of articles on the health benefits of coconut oil, I learned that there are plenty of benefits of coconut oil, not just for humans, but dogs as well!
Coconut Oil Quick Health Facts for Dogs
- It regulates insulin and can help prevent or control diabetes
- It is recommended that dogs can be given 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of the dog’s body weight per day
- It can disinfect cuts and wounds
- It can help with digestive disorders
- It can help balance the thyroid
- It can be used to clean teeth
- It is great for their skin & coat
I decided I would use coconut oil to make some frozen dog treats for my “goodest boys”, Kenzo + Vík! Thus, after a few tries, I came up with Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats.
I hope your doggy enjoys these healthy homemade coconut oil and peanut butter dog treats as much as Kenzo + Vík!\
Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of refined coconut oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Silicon ice cube tray (I am OBSESSED with our paw print silicone tray)
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until liquified.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon while stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined and is the consistency of soup or chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and refrigerate or freeze until they are set. (2-4 hours) You may want to put the silicone tray on a sturdy cookie sheet to make transferring to the freezer easier.
- Pop-out of the tray and treat your doggy! Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You Can Get YOUR OWN Adorable Paw Print Silicone Trays on Amazon
Thanks SO Much to everyone on Pinterest who has made the treats, left comments, and shared photos!
PS: I love Pinterest! Are you following me??