This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Did you know Coconut Oil is HEALTHY for you & your Dog?
I first started using coconut for cooking, but now I use it as a skin moisturizer, hair conditioner, lip balm, and to dilute some of my essential oils.
After doing some more research and reading an excessive amount of articles on the health benefits of coconut oil, I have learned that there are hundreds of benefits of coconut oil, not just for humans, but dogs as well!
I hope your doggy enjoys these healthy & homemade coconut oil & peanut butter dog treat as much as Kenzo + Vík!
Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats : Healthy + Delicious
Yield: It will depend on the size of ice cube trays/silicone mold that you use, but ours made 15 paw print treats.
Ingredients / Materials
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Silicon ice cube tray ((I am OBSESSED with our paw print silicone tray))
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until liquified.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon while stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined and is the consistency of soup or chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and refrigerate or freeze until they are set. (2-4 hours)
- Pop out of tray and treat your doggy! Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Coconut Oil Quick Health Facts
- It regulates insulin and can help prevent or control diabetes
- It is recommended that dogs can be given 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of the dog’s body weight per day
- It can disinfect cuts and wounds
- It can help with digestive disorders
- It can help balance the thyroid
- It can be used to clean teeth
- It is great for their skin & coat
RELATED: Are Probiotics Safe for Dogs?
Get YOUR OWN Adorable Paw Print Silicone Trays on Amazon