Did you know Coconut Oil is healthy for both You and Your Dog?
After doing some more research and reading an excessive amount of articles on the health benefits of coconut oil, I learned that there are plenty of benefits of coconut oil, not just for humans, but dogs as well!
Coconut Oil Health Benefits for Dogs
- It regulates insulin and can help prevent or control diabetes
- It is recommended that dogs can be given 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of the dog’s body weight per day
- It can disinfect cuts and wounds
- It can help with digestive disorders
- It can help balance the thyroid
- It can be used to clean teeth
- It is great for their skin & coat
I decided I would use coconut oil to make some frozen dog treats for my “goodest boys”, Kenzo + Vík!
Thus, after a few tries, I created these easy and delicious Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats.
I hope your doggy enjoys these healthy homemade coconut oil and peanut butter dog treats as much as Kenzo + Vík!
- You can get YOUR OWN Adorable Paw Print Silicone Trays on Amazon
- For Step 4, You may want to put the silicone tray on a sturdy cookie sheet to make transferring to the freezer easier.
- I have a handful of other FREE dog treat recipes:
Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of refined coconut oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Silicon ice cube tray
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until liquified.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon while stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined and is the consistency of soup or chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and refrigerate or freeze until they are set. (2-4 hours) You may want to put the silicone tray on a sturdy cookie sheet to make transferring to the freezer easier.
- Pop-out of the tray and treat your doggy! Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Thanks SO Much to everyone on Pinterest who has made the treats, left comments, and shared photos!
It means so much to me when you make the treats and share the photos with me!! Thank you so much for everyone who has tagged me on Instagram @House_Fur in their posts and stories too! Your kind reviews are so appreciated as well!!
“My doggy is in love with these! Thanks for the recipe!”
My fur baby is addicted to these. I think she needs to go to PB rehab😳…
Thanks so much for sharing all of your photos!! I love Pinterest! Are we following each other?