Did you know Coconut Oil is healthy for both You and Your Dog? I’ve created an easy delicious dog treats recipe made with coconut oil and peanut butter. Instructions included for making these easy dog treats. A great healthy homemade treat for your pup!
This is one of my easiest dog treat recipes! Want more? I have an entire dog treat cookbook!
Coconut Oil Health Benefits for Dogs (According to Veterinarians)
It is recommended that dogs can be given 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of the dog’s body weight per day in order for your dog to have all the benefits of coconut oil.
After doing some more research and reading an excessive amount of articles on the health benefits of coconut oil, I learned that there are plenty of benefits of coconut oil, not just for humans, but dogs as well!
- It regulates insulin and can help prevent or control diabetes
- It can disinfect cuts and wounds
- Coconut oil is a good source of fatty acids (Omega-3)
- It can help with digestive disorders
- It can help balance normal thyroid function
- It can be used to clean teeth
- It is great for your dog’s skin & coat (can help with dry skin and cracked paw pads)
Thus, after a few tries, I created these easy and delicious Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats.
I hope your doggy enjoys these healthy homemade coconut oil and peanut butter dog treats as much as Kenzo + Vík!
- You can get YOUR OWN Adorable Paw Print Silicone Trays on Amazon
- For Step 4, You may want to put the silicone tray on a sturdy cookie sheet to make transferring to the freezer easier.
Thanks SO Much to everyone on Pinterest who has made the treats, left comments, and shared photos! It means so much to me when you make the treats and share the photos with me!! Thank you so much to everyone who has tagged me on Instagram @House_Fur in their posts and stories too! Your kind reviews are so appreciated as well!!
My fur baby is addicted to these. I think she needs to go to PB rehab!
I have a handful of other FREE dog treat recipes:
Healthy + Delicious Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of refined coconut oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Silicon ice cube tray
- Place coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until liquified.
- Add in peanut butter and cinnamon while stirring continuously.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined and is the consistency of soup or chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and refrigerate or freeze until they are set. (2-4 hours) You may want to put the silicone tray on a sturdy cookie sheet to make transferring to the freezer easier.
- Pop-out of the tray and treat your doggy! Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
My doggy is in love with these! Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks so much for sharing all of your photos!! I love Pinterest! Are we following each other?
Coconut Oil for Dogs FAQS
How do I store these dog treats?
Because these treats have coconut oil in them and peanut butter they will easily become soft. It is best to keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Can dogs have coconut oil?
While coconut oil is generally safe for dogs, some canines may have an allergic reaction to the supplement. You can start your dog with 1/4 tsp a day and see if your dog has any reaction to the coconut oil. Talk to your vet if you have any concerns about a possible allergic reaction.
Can dogs have coconut oil for constipation?
According to Yum Woof, Coconut oil has various uses, and one of them is aiding in digestion. This is because coconut oil may have a unique and beneficial effect on our dog’s gut microbiome, thereby easing your dog’s constipation.
Is refined or unrefined coconut oil better for dogs?
Choose unrefined coconut oil, also called virgin coconut oil. Better yet, look for cold-pressed oil, which uses a method to process the oil quickly after the coconuts are harvested to preserve nutrients. If you’re feeding it to your dog, be aware that different oils have different smells and tastes.