Caprese Salad with Balsamic Drizzle
The most delicious Caprese Salad with Balsamic Drizzle recipe! Layered with fresh tomatoes, green olives, creamy fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and finished with olive oil, and a balsamic reduction drizzle, this Caprese Salad is sure to be a hit!
- 2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Organic Arugula
- 3 Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Fresh Over-sized Basil Leaves Chopped
- 8 oz BelGioioso Mozzarella Pearls
- 1 8 oz Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Ball Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Marinated Green Olives
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Package Herb Crostinis
Heat balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, while stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens and is reduced.
Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes while you assemble your salad.
Slice your cherry tomatoes and mince your garlic.
Scatter arugula on the platter to make a base before layering the tomato slices, fresh mozzarella, olives, and basil. Sprinkle your remaining sliced ingredients to the platter and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper to taste. ** I chose to put my marinated olives and minced garlic in a little bowl in the middle of my platter, but you can always toss those in with the rest of your ingredients
Arrange some crostini slices on the sides of the platter and serve immediately.
Fun Caprese Salad Variations to Try:
- Add bell peppers
- Use black olives instead of green olives
- Sprinkle on some dried cranberries
- Swap fresh peaches for the cherry tomatoes
- Add fresh avocado slices
- Skip the balsamic glaze or skip the olive oil drizzle
- Add sliced red onions
- Put a Burrata cheese ball in the center of the platter