I’ve rounded up the 5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, according to our purchases & Amazon reviews because I (like any normal human being) doesn’t enjoy seeing tumble weeds of dog hair floating across the floor.
Pet hair is a pain in the butt, but if you have a quality, high-suction, long-lasting vacuum it is relatively painless to keep your home fur-free.
I named our blog House Fur because I live in a house full of furry animals; our two dogs and two cats.
I am very careful to not let our home actually become a house of fur! In order to keep up with the pet hair, I vacuum every-other or sometimes every day (depending on seasonal shedding patterns). We also have an amazing cleaning lady that comes once a month to deep clean our home.
It took purchasing 4 vacuums before I finally purchased one that I am insanely in love with & have had no problems or complaints! My 4th purchase, our current vacuum, that I have been completely satisfied with for the past 2.5 years, is theDyson Cordless Vacuum. I believe it is (currently( the best vacuum on the market for pet hair.
I have recommended this Dyson vacuum to so many of our friends (most with dogs) and they all had the same great remarks; it really is life-changing when you have a vacuum with a strong suction, not to heavy, and is easy to maneuver.
Because I know finding a good vacuum specifically for dog owners (or any pet owner) can be “ruff,” I’ve rounded up the 5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, according to my personal purchases and Amazon Reviews.
These vacuums made it on my list for these reasons:
- quality suction
- overall good reviews, few complaints from customers
- no clogging in the hose or roller brush
- lightweight & easy to maneuver
- fairly priced for the quality
5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair
1) Cyclone V10 Dyson Cordless Vacuum: I love that it is cordless, lasts 20 minutes or more, is lightweight, has strong suction, and multiple attachments for making it a handheld as well as an upright. We switched from a Shark to the V10 Dyson, simply because I didn’t want to deal with a cord & because I really love the two suction modes for the hardwood & carpet cleaning. According to Dyson, the Cyclone v10 is the most powerful suction of any cord-free vacuum.
2) Dyson Animal Upright Vacuum: My sister has this one. I recommend it for single level homes and those that also own a handheld vacuum. It has been rated the best heavy-duty vacuum on Best Reviews, and claims to be the best investment you can make for a heavy-duty home vacuum.
3) Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum: In the $200 or less category on Amazon, this upright is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by over 3k customers. It is great for both carpeted and hardwood floors and has a HEPA filter. According to online reviews the Shark Navigator is lighter and easier to control than other shark models.
4) Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Vacuum: This upright vacuum is receiving raving reviews because it features a detachable canister for portable cleaning. One of my favorite features are the LED headlights because I could really see the dirt and dust on our dark hardwood floors. This vacuum comes with a under-appliance wand, pet power brush, and the pet multi-tool.
5) Bissel PowerGlide Pet Hair Bagless Vacuum: I’ve personally never owned a Bissel, but what I liked about this vacuum is that with every Bissel Pet Vacuum Purchase $10 donated to the Bissell Pet Foundation. There useful attachments specifically for removing pet hair that rated this vacuum as #4 out of 25 for Most Powerful Pet Hair Vacuums.
Shop These Top 5 Vacuums for Pet Hair
I hope this was helpful for you when purchasing your first or your next vacuum! A few months ago I shared some of my other tips for how to keep your house clean with dogs.
This post contains amazon affiliate links. I will receive a very small commission if you purchase one of these recommended vacuums through my link. This will not cost you anymore, it will just help pay for my morning coffee and more dog treats for Kenzo + Vík. Thanks for supporting House Fur!