I’ve rounded up the 5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, according to our purchases & Amazon reviews because I (like any normal human being) doesn’t enjoy seeing tumble weeds of dog hair floating across the floor.
Pet hair is a pain in the butt, but if you have a quality, high-suction, long-lasting vacuum it is relatively painless to keep your home fur-free.
I named our blog House Fur because I live in a house full of furry animals; our two dogs and two cats.
I am very careful to not let our home actually become a house of fur! In order to keep up with the pet hair, I vacuum every-other or sometimes every day (depending on seasonal shedding patterns). We also have an amazing cleaning lady that comes once a month to deep clean our home.
It took purchasing 4 vacuums before I finally purchased one that I am insanely in love with & have had no problems or complaints! My 4th purchase, our current vacuum, that I have been completely satisfied with for the past 2.5 years, is the Dyson Cordless Vacuum. I believe it is (currently) the best vacuum on the market for pet hair.
I have recommended this Dyson vacuum to so many of our friends and they all had the same great remarks; it really is life-changing when you have a vacuum with a strong suction, not to heavy, and is easy to maneuver.
Because I know finding a good vacuum specifically for dog owners (or any pet owner) can be “ruff,” I’ve rounded up the 5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, according to my personal purchases and Amazon Reviews.
These vacuums made it on my list for these reasons:
- quality suction
- overall good reviews, few complaints from customers
- no clogging in the hose or roller brush
- lightweight & easy to maneuver
- fairly priced for the quality
5 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair
1) Cyclone V10 Dyson Cordless Vacuum: I love that it is cordless, lasts 20 minutes or more, is lightweight, has strong suction, and multiple attachments for making it a handheld as well as an upright. We switched from a Shark to the V10 Dyson, simply because I didn’t want to deal with a cord & because I really love the two suction modes for the hardwood & carpet cleaning. According to Dyson, the Cyclone v10 is the most powerful suction of any cord-free vacuum.
Our house is all hardwood flooring, but we have large rugs to help with the fur and dust bunnies and I love how the vacuum works as it transitions from the wood floor to the rugs.
2) Dyson Animal Upright Vacuum: My sister has this one. I recommend it for single level homes and those that also own a handheld vacuum. It has been rated the best heavy-duty vacuum on Best Reviews, and claims to be the best investment you can make for a heavy-duty home vacuum.
3) Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum: In the $200 or less category on Amazon, this upright is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by over 3k customers. It is great for both carpeted and hardwood floors and has a HEPA filter. According to online reviews the Shark Navigator is lighter and easier to control than other shark models.
4) Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Vacuum: This upright vacuum is receiving raving reviews because it features a detachable canister for portable cleaning. One of my favorite features are the LED headlights because I could really see the dirt and dust on our dark hardwood floors. This vacuum comes with a under-appliance wand, pet power brush, and the pet multi-tool.
5) Bissel PowerGlide Pet Hair Bagless Vacuum: I’ve personally never owned a Bissel, but what I liked about this vacuum is that with every Bissel Pet Vacuum Purchase $10 donated to the Bissell Pet Foundation. There useful attachments specifically for removing pet hair that rated this vacuum as #4 out of 25 for Most Powerful Pet Hair Vacuums.
Shop These Top 5 Vacuums for Pet Hair
I hope this was helpful for you when purchasing your first or your next vacuum! A few months ago I shared some of my other tips for how to keep your house clean with dogs.