Caleb and I just spent the last 4 days in Belize soaking up the warmth & photographing an incredible couples’ destination wedding! The weather in Belize this time of year is just perfect – 80 degrees & sunny with a cool breeze.
This post contains affiliate links.
When we landed in Milwaukee last night, just before midnight, it was 20 degrees (6 degrees with the windchill). Today it’s been snowing all day. The snow is beautiful, but man it is chilly!
Wisconsin is going to be a frozen tundra for quite some time, so I am making sure our home is void of the winter blues with these cozy essentials!
Shop My Must-Have Cozy Essentials for Winter . . .
1) Icelandic Sheepskin Rugs can add warmth, texture, and beauty to any room. We love ours because it was shipped directly from Iceland. I usually have it in my home office, but sometimes I bring it to our photography studio for the dogs to lay on. You can find a similar one hereor here.
2) Coffee Table Trays . We have two, our mirrored gold one from West Elm is a tad more fancy and the other is our daily user. I like our wooden one (similar) because it is the perfect size for holding the television remote, my coffee cup, planner, and cell phone when I choose to work in the living room. I like using our mirrored tray for serving drinks & desserts on special occasions.
3) Soy Candles. Oh gosh, I am just OBSESSED with Paddywax’s Urban Collection Candles. The fragrance is incredible & I am a huge fan of the concrete texture and geometric designs. We emit perfumes in our house via soy candles or essential oils. I absolutely love the dreamy flickering light and mood these candles provide.
4) Himalayan Salt Lamps. I was hesitant to buy one of these and had it sitting in my amazon cart for months – but then my sweet friend Sara, of Real balanced, gifted us one! We haven’t turned it off since the day I opened it! They have been advertised to have health benefits, but regardless if it is just placebo effect, they are beautiful and I adore the peaceful amber light it provides.
5) Comfy Sweatshirts. Nothing beats enduring all-day-coziness than a slouchy, warm, fashionable sweatshirt. I know that both Caleb & I are happy that sweatshirts are accepted in the fashion world. I always have been a fan of wearing “athletic” gear even if I am not working out. I am thankful for brands like Athleta and Championwho are continuously helping close the gap between athletic and casual garments. Just like yoga pants, sweatshirts are no longer just for working out or lazy Sundays, but are ALWAYS a good idea for staying cozy! Some of you ladies might not like sweat shirts, so I’ve included some oversized sweaters above too.
PS: Congrats to Angie + Ross! Your wedding was such an adventure and we were honored to have documented it! And special thanks to Instagram for connecting us!
Need some more warmth in your day??You might enjoy reading My Habits for Happiness!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged anything extra. This just helps buy my coffee every morning.