This has become such a popular plant because it looks so unique!
Albuca ‘Frizzle Sizzle’ aka “Corkscrew” Albuca has thick, tightly curled leaves on short stems that arise from an underground bulb. Fragrant yellow flowers appear in spring on flower spikes that are adorned with 10-20 blooms per spike. The blossoms are not only beautiful but also have a light vanilla fragrance.
Get Your Own Frizzle Sizzle HERE
Frizzle Sizzle Care Tips
- Light Requirements: Frizzle Sizzle’s love bright light – we have ours in our sunroom with a south-facing window.
- Blooms: Interestingly enough, after flowering, this plant enters dormancy for the summer season.
- Watering: If the plant dries out too much it will become dormant, but if you are able to be diligent with your watering schedule it will continue to grow and bloom year-round, but then it might lose its unique curls.
- Pests: Luckily, there are no pest or disease problems with ‘Frizzle Sizzle’ so it makes an ideal home garden plant that’s distinctive and eye-catching.
- Soil: I made my own soil mixture with 80% potting soil and 20% perlite.
- Bonus Tip! Albuca ‘Frizzle Sizzle’ is a spring bloomer and then goes dormant in the summer. When it sends up flower stalks, it often causes the tips of the leaves to brown. But, do not worry, this is a natural occurrence. If you don’t want this to happen, simply remove the flower stalks as soon as they start to grow to prevent leaf tip browning.