I am in the heat of making another big purchase decision for our home – what rugs should I buy for the upstairs hallway and for our master bedroom? I know for sure, something neutral, either a little texture or a subtle pattern. I love neutrals because they are timeless and go well with any interior. Colors like gray, white, black, taupe, sand, and cream are always “in”. I prefer these colors because they also help keep a room light, bright, and add contrast to our dark flooring.
I am taking my time to make a decision for a rug because when people walk into our home they always say, “your house is so YOU.” I honestly think that is the best compliment ever and I want to keep it that way!
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite neutral rugs at various price points from West Elm, Overstock, CB2, Pottery Barn, and Wayfair.
The rugs I’ve selected are contenders in my purchase list because they are the perfect color palette, have minimal unique designs, and seem durable (for the heavy dog traffic), and are relatively easy to clean. Warm. Calming. Comforting. These cozy neutral rugs are the sartorial equivalent of a steaming mug of chai tea.
Why Should I Choose A Neutral Colored Rug for My Home?
If you’re feeling a little lost when it comes to picking out an area rug for your bedroom, outdoor space, or living room (or perhaps all of the above), here are some reasons to keep neutral-colored rugs on your radar.
Modern Neutral Rugs for Any Room – Shop Various Price Points
1) Naima Bohemian Border Area Rug
2) Macramé Wool Rug
3) Carleigh Hand-Knotted Wool Rug
4) Marta Off-White Area Rug
5) Calisa Block Printed Rug
6) Nicolette Hand-Knotted Wool Rug – Ivory Multi
7) South Shore Rug
8) Kasbah Wool Rug
9) Distressed Ensi Rug
10) Persyn Handwoven Jute Chenille Rug
11) Bass Gray Rug
12) Esme Ivory/Tan Hand-Knotted Rug
13) Colca Wool Rug
14) Portrait Black Rug
15) Leo Hand-Knotted Rug
16) Hand-Knotted Triangle Motif Rug
16) Grafton Hand-Knotted Rug
17) Laguna Hand-Knotted Rug
This modern Laguna Hand-Knotted Rug Collection boasts an alluring abstract design and exceptional hand-knotted quality. White, grey, and gold meld together in a mottled pattern, subtly lustrous in a viscose, linen, and wool construction.
18) Waylon Hand-Knotted New Zealand Wool Ivory and Grey Rug
19) Nicolette Hand-Knotted Wool Rug
Like a work of art, a beautiful rug celebrates your personal style. Taking three or four weeks to complete, this rug was handcrafted by skilled makers using a traditional hand-knotting technique, a trade that’s been passed down and preserved for generations.
20) Mya Oriental Area Rug in Terracotta/Camel/Pale Blue
21) Nahla Hand-Tufted Wool Rug
22) Washable Rugs – Gray Moroccan Trellis Area Rug
Named “The Rug” by The New York Times, our best-selling Moroccan Trellis is well-deserving of all of its accolades and popularity! Its “unique, goes-with-anything design captures the unique spirit of a handcrafted textile, but is also discreet enough to blend in with the furniture and take the punishment of kids and pets.” Made from power-loomed synthetic materials, it’s available in an incredible range of colors and sizes, making it a smart, great-looking addition to your home.
23) Tuspa Easy Care Rug
The durable yarns used to weave this performance rug are shed resistant, keeping it beautiful between vacuums.
24) Vergara Southwestern Area Rug in Rose
Power-loomed of polyester in Turkey, the Vergara Collection displays antique-inspired motifs, modernized by a rich color palette and a construction designed to withstand foot traffic.
SHOP FOR YOUR NEUTRAL RUG
1) Naima Bohemian Border Area Rug | 2) Macramé© Wool Rug | 3) Carleigh Hand-Knotted Wool Rug | 4) Marta Off-White Area Rug | 5) Calisa Block Printed Rug | 6) Nicolette Hand-Knotted Wool Rug – Ivory Multi | 7) South Shore Rug | 8) Kasbah Wool Rug | 9) Distressed Ensi Rug | 10) Persyn Handwoven Jute Chenille Rug | 11) Bass Gray Rug | 12) Esme Ivory/Tan Hand-Knotted Rug | 13) Colca Wool Rug | 14) Portrait Black Rug | 15) Leo Hand-Knotted Rug |16) Hand-Knotted Triangle Motif Rug | 16) Grafton Hand-Knotted Rug | 17) Laguna Hand-Knotted Rug | 18) Waylon Hand-Knotted New Zealand Wool Ivory and Grey Rug | 19) Nicolette Hand-Knotted Wool Rug | 20) Mya Oriental Area Rug in Terracotta/Camel/Pale Blue | 21) Nahla Hand-Tufted Wool Rug | 22) Washable Rugs – Gray Moroccan Trellis Area Rug | 23) Tuspa Easy Care Rug | 24) Vergara Southwestern Area Rug in Rose