Some days seem like they will never end – but then when I am lying in bed at night I ask, “How the heck is already 10 pm!?” I think it is important to focus on the positives (especially now) so I wanted to document all the fun things that have been happening lately.
All the Good Things (2020 Isn’t All Bad)
- We Visited A Sunflower Farm! I had a family photography session at Thompson Strawberry Farm and we did photos in the sunflower field! Caleb and I took the cutest selfies and then we went out for a Friday Fish Fry.
- I Made Pumpkin Squares! Yum yum yummmmmmm! I love everything and anything pumpkin! Here is the recipe I made; it is the one my mom makes!
- We Celebrated Sarah’s 42 Birthday! Caleb’s mom made broccoli, mashed potatoes, beef stroganoff, Caprese salad, and roasted cauliflower for Sarah’s birthday party! We sang and had delicious cake and ice cream. Who loves coffee ice cream? It is so good but I always forget about it when we go out for ice cream! It is such an underrated flavor!
- Worked Out A Bunch At Our New Gym! I’ve been doing workouts from DareBee.com. Dare Bee is an incredibly useful and inspiring website when you don’t feel like coming up with a workout of your own.
Here is the core portion of my workouts from this month:
- We took long walks with the dogs. I love our walks so much! With Caleb working from home we’ve been able to take walks together with Kenzo + VÃk and explore new areas within our community.
- I splurged on new gym clothes! Gym Shark has the softest and most stylish workout attire! I picked out a one-piece swimsuit for this winter, a couple of tanks, some new sports bras, and training shorts. I bought some new clothes for Caleb, too!
- I learned about light therapy. I have the hardest time falling asleep and it is my goal to get more sleep. Here is an interesting article I found on the Sleep Foundation website.
- Slow-Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches! Nom nom nom. I love pulled chicken sandwiches! All you do is put 4 chicken thighs in your slow cooker with chopped onions, 2 cups of your favorite bbq sauce, and 1/8 cup of water, and cook for about 3 hours on high. Check the chicken with a meat thermometer to make sure it is cooked thoroughly and then shred the chicken and serve it on toasted buns! Caleb and I just made up this easy dinner – you could do it in your InstantPot if you wanted to make it even faster!
- Scheduled my next Daily Harvest delivery. I selected my favorite smoothies and tried some of their new flatbreads and soups. Save $25 off your order with my code: RE-72BARH2
- I Tried A New “Soda.” After some client consults, Caleb and I went to the gym to do some actual work before working out. We set up our laptops in the cafe at our gym and I tried a new “soda” and it was delicious! It is called Poppi and it is a healthy sparkling prebiotic soda w/ real fruit juice. It promises to provide gut health and support your immune system. I was skeptical, but it tasted great and did settle my stomach. I tried the Lime Ginger and I liked it a lot. I just bought a case of it on Amazon.
- Season 2 of “The Boys” is now available on Amazon Prime! (Photo Credit: Amazon) Highly recommend this show! It is fast-paced, funny, and comically gory.
- My photography work is on billboards all over SE Wisconsin!! Keep Your eyes peeled for my work on the Planned Parenthood of the Wisconsin billboards. I caught a photo of it on my way home from my sessions this week!
- Record High Pageviews! I am so excited to announce that House Fur had over 180,000 readers last month! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
- I got a Pouf! I’ve been wanting a pouf ottoman for a long long time! And, we finally bought the Moroccan Leather Pouf from West Elm. I love it so much!!
- I Tried Eye Patches! I’ve been reading more and more about the benefits of undereye patches so I decided to try them for myself. I went with the Pixi Skintreats BeautifEYE Vitamin C & Licorice brightening eye patches. I was surprised to see how many were in the container and how saturated they were! They came with a little plastic spoon to help you scoop each patch out of the jar and place it on your skin. I am able to wear them with my glasses on in the morning while I am answering emails.
- I’ve been averaging 2-3 sessions every single day for the last few months. Thank you to all of my Studio 29 Photography clients!
- I watched Casino Royale on HULU. Jeeze that movie is 14 years old! Brings back memories of seeing that movie in the theatre multiple times. I still love the intro opening so much! I recognized one of the poker players was Bernard Lowe, Jeffrey Wright in West World.
So there you have it! A handful of positive things from the last few weeks for the Lenhof family!