There is so much to do in Milwaukee. Wisconsin is a state filled with delicious cheese not found elsewhere in the US, and of homemade beer. It’s a state of the most loyal football fans, and some of America’s coldest winters… and Milwaukee sits at the center of it all.
I grew up in Annapolis Maryland, but I’ve been living in Milwaukee since 2014. Caleb and I currently live in Bay View, an amazing neighborhood just south of Milwaukee’s Third Ward.
Do you live in Milwaukee and are looking for something to do? Or are visiting the midwest and making a quick stop in Milwaukee? I’ve got you covered with a full weekends worth of ideas to fill your time here while you are in Milwaukee.
51 Things to Do in Milwaukee
- Experience THE BEST Mac & Cheese in Milwaukee at one of our favorite restaurants; Triskeles
- Visit the Milwaukee Zoo.
- Stroll through a farmer’s market.
- Catch a Milwaukee Brewer’s game.
- Stop by the Pabst Mansion – yes, that Pabst!
- Taste some of the cheese that made Wisconsin so famous. Fresh Cheese made daily at Clock Shadow Creamery.
- Check out authentic 1920’s and 1920’s Americana at the Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear.
- View the stunning architecture and amazing frescoes of the Basilica of St. Josaphat.
- Grab a drink at Lakefront Brewery: home of the first gluten free beer!
- Catch a movie at the vintage Avalon Theater.
- Take a walk through motorcycle history at the Harley Davidson Museum.
- Experience the majesty of a rooftop garden.
- Learn about aviation history at the Mitchell Gallery of Flight.
- Have a cold Miller beer at the actual factory.
- Take a tour on a bike with seating for seven!
- Conquer a portion of the Oak Leaf Trail’s 96+ miles –
- or take the (much) shorter Lakefront Trail.
- See a local production at the Milwaukee Repertory Theater.
- Have a laugh at the Comedy CafÃ©.
- Start your day off with some freshly brewed coffee at Anodyne.
- Grab some lunch at the Comet CafÃ© or Honey Pie.
- Take your picture with the Fonz! (or a statue of him, anyways!)
- Relax in the park with some jazz music.
- Snag a quick coffee & dessert at The National & then explore Antiques on Pierce.
- Sunbathe at Bradford Beach.
- Explore the infamous Riverwalk.
- Get creeped out at the rumored-to-be-haunted Seven Bridges Trail.
- Grab some delicious American-Chinese by two guys named Dan at DanDan –
- or Sushi from Kanpai.
- Experience some culture & ART at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Become more knowledgeable on African-American history.
- Enjoy a live musical at the Skylight Music Theatre.
- Stop in at the Public Market during your wanderings.
- Got kiddos tagging along? Take them to the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum!
- Take a step back in time on Old World 3rd Street.
- Speaking of history, don’t miss the Historic Third Ward, modernly the home of art and culture.
- Try over 70 varieties of Usinger’s sausage.
- Visit “The Domes,” also known as Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory.
- Explore Discovery World.
- Need a break from Beer? Take a distillery tour at Great Lakes Distillery.
- See the St Joan of Arc Chapel, proud to be the oldest building in Milwaukee.
- If you time it right you can attend the world’s largest music festival!
- Mountain climb indoors at Adventure Rock.
- Have an absolutely insane burger at Sobleman’s Pub.
- Indulge in frozen custard at Leon’s –
- or Kopp’s Frozen Custard. Why not try both?
- Test your luck at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino.
- Stay late at Wolski’s and get a bumper sticker to commemorate the event.
- Bowl at Holler House – the oldest alley in America!
- Check out the infamous beer gardens. Our favorite is at Humboldt Park!
- â€‹Experience #beerandblades at AXE MKE and find out why it’s the hottest bar in the city of Milwaukee.
Want to find more fun stuff to do in Milwaukee? Make sure to follow me on Instagram!