Hey there, do you have a dog with bad teeth? If so, listen up because I will show you the best food for older dogs with bad teeth. I’m here to talk to you about the best food for dogs with bad teeth. Many people don’t know this, but different types of food can actually help improve your dog’s dental health. So if you’re looking for a way to help your furry friend get their pearly whites back, then stay tuned because I’m going to show you precisely what to do.
Having a dog with bad teeth can be a real pain. Not only is it challenging to clean their teeth properly, but it can also be quite uncomfortable for them. And if your dog’s bad teeth aren’t treated, they could eventually lose all of their teeth! This blog post will discuss the best dog food for dogs with bad teeth. I will also provide tips on keeping your senior dog’s teeth healthy and strong.
Tips on How to Keep Your Dog’s Teeth Healthy and Strong
The best dog food for dogs with bad teeth is low in sugar and starch, high in protein and healthy fats. Make sure to brush your dog’s teeth at least once a month and give them chew toys and bones to help clean their teeth, reduce dental problems, and reduce dental disease progression. If your dog has any medical conditions that could impact its teeth, make sure to talk to your vet about it.
What Is The Best Dog Food For Dogs With Bad Teeth?
There are a few different things to consider when choosing the best dog food for dogs with bad teeth. One of the most important things is to find a food that is low in sugar and starch. This will help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Another thing to look for is a food that is high in protein and healthy fats. This will help keep your dog’s teeth strong and healthy.
Here are five great dog food choices for dogs with bad teeth:
1. The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food Review
- Top 5 Ingredients: Dehydrated Turkey, Dehydrated Potatoes, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Oats, and Dehydrated Carrots
- Analysis: 22% Protein (min.) 22%, Fat (min.) 15%, Fiber (max.) 5%, Moisture (max.) 8.6%
- This premium quality diet will offer your dog the best nutrition they require to live an active and comfortable lifestyle. The recipe is made with high-quality ingredients, highly palatable, and safe for any dog with conditions such as missing teeth or inflamed gums can eat without discomfort.
- Where to Buy? You can buy The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey at Chewy or Amazon today.
- The taste is fantastic, and many dog parents report that even picky eaters would lick their bowls clean when served.
- The meal includes a nutritious whole grain in the recipe to ensure your dog has a proper immune system and optimal health.
- The meal is simple to prepare, even for beginners.
- The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey is affordable.
- In very rare cases, dog owners have reported that their dogs did not like the taste of the food.
- Others feel the cost is high
- The food texture is mushy, and some dogs don’t like it.
2. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey & Chicken Grill Grain-Free Senior Canned Dog Food Review
- Top 5 Ingredients: Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Potatoes
- Analysis: Crude Protein 8% Crude Fat 6% min. Crude Fiber 1.5% max. Moisture 78.0% max.
- High protein BLUE Wilderness senior dog food makes a delicious treat, adds interest mixed into their favorite dry foods or can be fed as a meal on its own
- Where to Buy? Get it today on Amazon or Chewy.
- This grain free dog food contains more of the turkey and chicken dogs love
- It is made with the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals
- BLUE wet dog food contains NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, NO corn, wheat (a common thickening agent used by many other brands) or soy, and NO artificial flavors or preservatives
- The flavor may not be a favorite for all dogs.
- Some find canned food too costly.
3. Hill’s Science Diet Adult Oral Care Dry Dog Food Review
- Top 5 Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Grain Wheat, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, and Powdered Cellulose.
- Analysis: Calories: 275 kcal/cup, Protein: 20%, Fat: 13%, Fiber: 12%
- Hill’s Science Diet Oral Care is a great meal to offer your fur friends who have bad teeth issues. The recipe is based on whole chicken that is easy for dogs to digest.
- Where to Buy? Amazon or Chewy
- This is the meal for most picky eaters with its sweet taste and aroma.
- The kibble pieces offer a fine texture to keep the dog’s teeth clean and free from tartar.
- It is an excellent choice for dogs recovering after surgery.
- The meal has proved to help in improving digestion.
- The kibble pieces can be large for some dogs.
- The meal is available in small bags, making shopping regularly a necessity.
- Others find the diet quite costly.
4. Primal Lamb Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food Review
- Top 5 Ingredients: Lamb Hearts, Lamb Liver, Organic Carrots, Ground Lamb Bones, and Organic Squash.
- Analysis: Calories: 148 kcal/oz, Protein: 34%, Fat: 30%, Fiber: 4%
- Primal Lamb Grain-Free Raw offers excellent nutritional support your dogs need to lead a healthy life. The lamb offers a lean protein full of amino acids to help muscle development.
- Where to Buy? Purchase it on Amazon or Chewy today.
- Primal’s freeze-dried has a raw formulation that many love for its convenience.
- The meal is available in several flavors, making it versatile.
- Dogs love the texture of the food.
- Most owners love the fact that it comes in nuggets.
- Some find the meal costly to offer their dogs regularly.
- In rare cases, the amounts specified didn’t seem to satisfy the dogs.
- Sometimes the nuggets can be difficult to break after rehydration.
5. Nutro Natural Choice Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food Review
- Top 5 Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Grain, Chicken Meal, Rice Bran, Split Peas, and Brown Rice
- Analysis: Calories: 231 kcal/cup, Protein: 24%, Fat: 7%, Fiber: 1%
- This is another excellent meal choice with all the nutritional benefits for your failing dog’s teeth. The chicken ingredient is a powerhouse for protein and amino acids to make your dog’s health thrive.
- Where to Buy? You can buy the meal today on Chewy or Amazon.
- The diet is low in calories to allow your dog to enjoy a delicious meal and maintain a healthy weight.
- The price of the meal is very affordable.
- The whole grain recipe offers diet fiber required to boost digestion.
- Dogs love the taste and flavor of the food.
- Few owners feel the meal should be in smaller bags.
- In rare cases, dogs suffer gastrointestinal distress after consuming the meal.
- Dogs can also have a reduced appetite due to the high fiber content after consuming the meal regularly.
How to Switch Dog Food Without Getting Your Dog Sick
When it comes to switching your dog’s food, you want to do so gradually. Start by mixing a small amount of the new food with the old food. Over the next few days, we will continue to increase the proportion of new food while decreasing the old food. If your dog has no problems with the switch, you can eventually feed them only the new food.
But what if your dog gets sick after eating the new food? This is usually a sign that your dog’s digestive system isn’t used to the new ingredients yet. In this case, you’ll need to go back to mixing the two foods together until your intestines have had a chance to adapt. It’s also important to remember that not all dogs will react the same way to any food. What works for one dog may not work for another. So if you’re ever in doubt, it’s always best to consult with your veterinarian.
What are some good dog treats for my dog with bad teeth?
1) Blue Buffalo — Blue Bits Savory Salmon Recipe Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
- Top 5 Ingredients: Salmon, Cane Sugar, Potatoes, Oatmeal, and Brown Rice
- Where to Buy? You can buy Blue Buffalo — Blue Bits Savory Salmon Recipe Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats from Chewy today.
2) Purina DentaLife Daily Oral Care Adult Large Breed Adult Dental Dog Chew Treats
- Top 5 Ingredients: Rice, Glycerin, Wheat flour, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Malted Barley Flour, Chicken by-product meal
- Where to Buy? You can buy these from Amazon.
I hope this blog post has been helpful for you! Dogs with bad teeth need special care, and that includes their diet. The best dog food for dogs with bad teeth is low in sugar and starch and high in protein and healthy fats. Make sure to brush your dog’s teeth at least once a month and give them chew toys and bones to help clean their teeth. If your dog has any medical conditions that could impact its teeth, make sure to talk to your vet about it.
More Doggy Content You Will Love
Fresh dog food has become quite trendy–and very pricey! Sometimes the fresh salmon prices that I find online are a better deal than other salmon in the pet store or grocery store. Either way, fresh salmon is a great protein for pets and humans, alike, so I always keep some in stock in my freezer. ?