I love composting. We do heap composting in our backyard because we have space outdoors to do so. Composting indoors is just as great, but for the longest time, it was hard to find a composting bin that wasn’t hideous! I didn’t want to sacrifice space or the look of my home or yard and you shouldn’t have to either!
Yes, compost bins can be cute! I found 10 compost bins that are actually good-looking! These compost bins won’t cramp your style! No need to sacrifice your home decor and style!
10 Composting Bins That Aren’t Hideous
1) Vitamix FoodCycler® FC-50
The smallest powered food waste recycler in the world creating soil fertilizer in hours
2) Steel 1 Gal. Kitchen Composter
Meet a stylish environmental solution for composting your kitchen waste. No more throwing food scraps in the garbage!. The compost bin is designed to add color and style to your countertop. This bin is used to store food scraps until they can be transferred to an outdoor composter. Its sturdy handles make for easy carrying and its removable lid for easy emptying.
3) Dustin 1.3 Gal. Kitchen Composter
1.3 Gal. Kitchen Composter gives you an eco-friendly alternative to storing biodegradable food scraps with this stainless steel food waste bin. More stylish than ordinary plastic bins, this pail can be stored right on the kitchen counter or under the kitchen sink.
4) Jora 71 Gal. Tumbler Composter
The Jora Composter simplifies and speeds up the process of making compost. It is a ‘continuous use dual-chamber composter. Dual chambers allow you to keep adding new materials to one compartment while the other matures. Because the unit is insulated and sealed, it converts kitchen waste to compost in 2-8 weeks.
5) Bamboozle 1.2 Gal. Stationary Composter
Let’s send less to the landfill! Convert your own organic waste into compost to enrich the soil in your backyard. Comes in two colors: matte black and matte white.
6) Intelligent Waste Compost 1 Gal. Kitchen Composter
This clever compost bin has been carefully designed to help reduce the smell of collected food waste. It has a unique, ventilated design that allows air to enter and circulate inside the caddy, which helps to reduce moisture – the main cause of unpleasant odors from decomposing food.
7) Vremi Kitchen Compost Bin for Counter or Under Sink
A perfectly-sized indoor compost bin for the kitchen countertop also fits under the sink so you can easily store biodegradable food waste for garden fertilizer right from your home or apartment. Organic activated charcoal filter traps odors naturally so kitchen compost bin has no smell – reusable eco filter can be cleaned with soap and water to last up to 6 months, and purchase also includes 1 filter refill.
8) Worm Farm
Let worms do the work, transforming your food scraps into nutrient-rich fertilizer. It’s a fun project that’s good for the earth, too, by keeping food scraps out of the landfill. The stylish shape and choice of colors make the Worm Farm Composter at home in a kitchen, mudroom, hallway, or pantry. Once the process gets underway you can add up to a half-pound of scraps per day to the worm composter, about the average food waste for a family of four. When setting up your worm composter keep in mind that 68 degrees F. is the ideal temperature.
9) Bamboo 3 Quart Kitchen Composter
10) Living Compost Bin
Designed scientifically, this odorless, biomorphic composter turns food scraps into fab fertilizer.
Shop These Good-Lookin’ Compost Bins
1) Vitamix FoodCycler® FC-50 |2) Steel 1 Gal. Kitchen Composter |3) Dustin 1.3 Gal. Kitchen Composter |4) Jora 71 Gal. Tumbler Composter |5) Bamboozle 1.2 Gal. Stationary Composter | 6) Intelligent Waste Compost 1 Gal. Kitchen Composter | 7) Vremi Kitchen Compost Bin for Counter or Under Sink |8) Worm Farm | 9) Bamboo 3 Quart Kitchen Composter | 10) Living Compost Bin
If you enjoyed this post you may also love:
- The Benefits of Using Milk as a Fertilizer
- Easy Composting for Beginners
- How to Start Vegetable Seeds Indoors
- 10 Simple Steps to Repot Your Houseplants
Join me on Instagram and feel free to send me questions. Thanks for reading!