It’s hard to ignore the vibrant orange and yellow leaves that are starting to cover the sidewalks on our morning walks. Falling leaves means pumpkin everything, candy corn, apple crisp, and chilly nights are just around the corner!
Before the cold weather really sets in, here is The Ultimate Bucket List of Fall Activities to Do with Your Dog. Spoiler: These ideas are so fun! Your dog is going to love you even more!!
12 Fun Fall Activities to Do With Your Dog: Ultimate Fall Bucket List
1) Visit a dog-friendly apple orchard! Here is a great article listing the best Apple Orchards.
2) Walk around at a dog-friendly pumpkin patch! PS: Did you know pumpkin is completely safe for dogs and really healthy for them because of its high fiber content! After you pick out the perfect pumpkins you can come home and use those pumpkins to make homemade dog treats!
3) Take one more camping trip before the cold really sets in!
4) Rake leaves and take adorable photos of your dog sitting or jumping in them!
5) Dress up with your dog for Halloween. PS: Check your local listings for a doggy costume contest! Need help finding a costume? I’ve got you covered!
6) Do a dog-friendly 5k with your dog; find a run in your area on Running in the USA! That is the website I use to find all of the 5k runs I do!
7) Walk around your local farmers’ market! Please, make sure dogs are permitted.
8) Enjoy the fall colors while hiking trails at your local state park!
9) Have a cookout OR stay inside and make some pumpkin dog treats!
10) Kayak, Paddle Board, or Canoe with your doggy! Ps: Don’t forget their lifejacket!
11) Watch the game and cheer on your favorite football team together wearing your team gear. Find your dog an NFL Jersey on Amazon!
12) Visit your local beer garden and sip a beer with your doggy by your side!
Pictured Above: Vík & Kenzo at the South Shore Terrace Kitchen & Beer Garden near the South Shore Famers Market