This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
The holidays are all about generosity, and what’s better than a gift that gives to the people you care about, as well as the causes you care about? Check out these ten unique gifts that will make you feel good about giving.
1. Bird+Stone is not only trendy, but they support socially conscious causes. Bird+Stone makes jewelry with sustainable materials out of NYC, using upcycled brass and recycled glass beads. The jeweler sells a cuff bracelet that has printed on the outside, “The Future is Female.” Five dollars from this cuff is donated to planned parenthood. Another shows a line graph of the Earth’s rising temperature from 1880 to now and says “Our Planet, Our Future” on the inside. Five dollars from this cuff goes to the environmental organization of your choice (including the National Resources Defense Council, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Sierra Club, and 350.org). If you sign up for their newsletter, you’ll get ten percent off of your first purchase.
2. Rudy’s Barbershop Holiday Shower Bundle is a ready to gift set of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. When you buy a bundle, Rudy’s will donate that same bundle to a homeless shelter that serves LGBTQ youth. Their signature scent is citrus, cedar, and juniper. Their products are all sulfate free, and also cruelty free which means they’re only tested on humans.
3. B.A.R.E. Soaps mission is to bring sanitation education to the other side of the world. Currently, they are working in Uganda and India. They have a long term goal of “bringing antiseptic resources to everyone.” B.A.R.E. soaps sells all natural soap, candles, and bath products. Their products are sustainably sourced and cruelty free. Twenty percent of the proceeds go toward purchasing sanitary and health supplies and funding local initiatives with Children’s HopeChest in Uganda. The money also supports the Sundara Fund, which pays women in India fair wages to transform used hotel soap into new sanitary products and teach their communities about hygiene. Unicef estimates that diarrhea kills one child every thirty seconds. Just a simple bar of soap can prevent diarrheal diseases by over forty percent.
4. Lubanzi Wines for the socially conscious wine connoisseur in your life. Fifty percent of all proceeds are given back to the Pebbles Project which works with the South African families that live and work on the wine farms where Lubanzi Wines are cultivated. The Pebbles Project provides health and education resources for these families. Their impact to date has given fifty four children access to dental services, and 94 children improved access to medical services.
5. Heifer International is a nonprofit dedicated to ending hunger and poverty by providing livestock and agricultural training to communities in need. You can gift an animal to a family in need, send a girl to school, and help start a small business. Heifer sells handmade products, chocolates, and coffee, all of which are created by the communities that will directly benefit from your purchase.
6. Mitscoots Outfitters Prides themselves in employing the transitioning homeless and for every item purchased, donates an equal quality item to someone in need. Mitscoots has apparel for men, women, and children. Give warmth to someone less fortunate this holiday season, with the twenty percent off discount code GIVEWARMTH.
7. LottoLove Cards are scratch offs where everyone wins. Each card gives either clean water, solar light, literacy tools, or nutritious meals to those in need. Their partners include, WaterisLife, LitWorld, Rise Against Hunger, and SolarAid. Each order is hand packed from Brooklyn, NY.
8. Grounds and Hounds is for the dog lover who believes that a good cup of coffee is second only to waking up to doggy kisses. Twenty percent of all proceeds go to the rescue partner closest to you. Grounds and Hounds believes that every dog deserves a chance at a happy life. Their whole bean or ground starter kit makes for a perfect gift and includes three bags: morning walk breakfast blend, papers and slippers medium roast, and alpha blend dark roast. All of their coffee is organic fair trade.
9. Warby Parker will give a pair when you buy a pair, allowing those in need a chance at clear vision. Warby Parker sells sunglasses, too, so that you don’t need a prescription to purchase.
10. Alex and Ani donates to a myriad of charities with their charity by design products. This lotus bangle specifically, donates twenty percent of the purchase to Women and Infants Hospital. This is one of the leading specialty hospitals of infants and women.