Today’s post came from a little powerful free-writing session I gave myself yesterday in the midst of editing the photos from our past 4 weddings & the 11 family sessions I’ve had in the last week.
I am such an advocate for personal development but, I haven’t talked much about it on the blog.
So, here’s to writing more personal posts with my own stories, realizations, lessons, etc.
Neon lights are colorful, bright, and reliable – – turns out thats everything I want and expect for/of myself.
This is a snap from last October when I attended the first retreat for my Mastermind in LA.
Pictured here is her power to make this seemingly burnt-out neon light shine!
She touched it, it shined brightly. She walked away, it dimmed.
I feel like I have that same relationship with my blog, my houseplants, my photography business, my relationship with friends, and even my marriage.
Through a lot of self-development, the retreats with other boss babes & daily conversations with my Bizz-coach Bestie, Melanie, I know I’m getting closer and closer to adding the word â€œMyselfâ€ to that list of things that glow when I touch it.
2019 has been the year of taking time to nurture myself as much as I nurture everyone & everything else in my life.
Itâ€™s only July, and I have come so far!
Ways I have been nurturing myself consists of:
- scheduling time every day for personal non-negotiables (working out, dinner with Caleb, breaking for lunch/to take the dogs on a walk)
- reading books for fun
- treating myself to sugary Starbucks drinks every-so-often
- no longer booking sessions on Sundays
- sleeping in past 8am on Mondays
- outsourcing parts of my business that are not in my zone of genius
- saying “no” and allowing myself to say “yes” to bigger, better, and more appealing opportunities
- signing up for a membership for massages
- occasional acupuncture