Did you know dogs can have watermelon? This is the best watermelon dog treat on the internet! So delicious, it’s quick and easy to make! Made from scratch, this treat is perfect for every occasion!
My frozen watermelon dog treats are the perfect homemade popsicles for dogs! They are so easy to make and only include 3 ingredients!
According to the AKC, watermelon is a health-food powerhouse, low in calories, and packed with nutrientsvitamins A, B6, and C, and potassium. Watermelons are ~92% percent water and have limited sugar, so it’s great for hydration on a hot day. This is why my Frozen Coconut Oil & Watermelon Dog Treats are an excellent homemade dog treat for hot summer days! **I have a whole post about keeping dogs cool during the summer HERE.
These treats are the perfect homemade popsicles for dogs! They are so easy to make and only include 3 ingredients!
I ate one of these while I was taking photos and they are delicious, I should have made more. Haha, that’s another great thing about these frozen treats – they are tasty and healthy for humans, too!
Watermelon Pupsicles: easy summertime homemade dog treats for doggies!
Frozen Coconut Oil Watermelon Pupsicles
- 5 cups Fresh Chopped Watermelon I used 1/2 of a large seedless watermelon
- 2 Tablespoons Refined Coconut Oil
- 5.3 oz of Plain Greek Yogurt
- Silicone Mold
- A Blender
- Cut seedless watermelon into small 1-2 inch cubes.
- Put watermelon, greek yogurt, and refined coconut oil into a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until all ingredients are mixed together. It will look like a pink soup.
- Pour into silicone ice cube mold trays and freeze for 2 hours or until they are set. Pro Tip: The silicone tray is flimsy, so I like to put my silicon on a cookie sheet or cutting board and then pour the liquid. Putting it on a stiff tray makes it easier to move it into the freezer.
- Pop-out of the tray and treat your doggy! Store treats in an airtight container in the freezer.
- These treats can be messy so I recommend giving them to your dog outside. They are basically small popsicles just like the ice pops we all ate as kids, so they melt fast and can make a mess. I make them and give them to Kenzo + Vik during the hot summer days to help prevent heatstroke. I have a whole post about keeping dogs cool during the summer HERE.
You Can Get YOUR OWN Adorable Paw Print Silicone Trays on Amazon.
Kenzo loved them so much – I let him lick the tray after I popped the frozen treats out.
Does your dog like fruits and veggies?
Kenzo and VÃk are kinda picky, but they definitely enjoyed these frozen watermelon dog treats!
Other fruits and veggies, such as carrots and apples, can be a healthy treat for dogs! You can learn more about other fruits and vegetables that dogs can and cannot eat here.