This easy Eggnog White Russian cocktail is a holiday twist on the classic White Russian. It is a great cocktail to make for holiday parties – cheers!
Who needs pumpkin spice when you can have the ultimate obsession: eggnog! Sure, it only graces us with its presence for a measly sixish weeks, but that’s all the more reason to go all out and embrace the eggy goodness while we can. December may be fleeting, but let’s make the most of this limited-time delight!
- 2 Ounces Kahlua
- 2 Ounces Eggnog
- 2 Ounces Vodka (classic vodka is recommended, not flavored vodka)
- Crushed Ice (optional)
- Cinnamon Sticks (optional garnish)
- A Sprinkle of Nutmeg (optional garnish)
What does an Eggnog White Russian taste like?
The Eggnog White Russian is a wonderful holiday drink that combines the classic flavors of eggnog with the traditional components of a White Russian. It’s perfect for anyone who loves the creamy, spiced, and slightly sweet taste of eggnog, with the added warmth of coffee liqueur and vodka. Overall, it’s a delightful and indulgent cocktail that is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
This luscious eggnog cocktail boasts a luxuriously rich and velvety texture, making it a decadent delight that requires just a petite glass. And when savored over crushed ice, its exquisite flavors truly come alive. Indulge in this delightful libation that bears a resemblance to a delectable milkshake!
Eggnog White Russian Cocktail
- 1 jigger
- 1 Cocktail Glass
- 1 Cocktail Spoon (optional)
- 2 Ounces Kahlua
- 2 Ounces Eggnog
- 2 Ounces Vodka
- Ice optional
- Cinnamon Sticks optional garnish
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg optional garnish
- If you plan to use ice, make sure to fill your cup up to 3/4th of its capacity.
- Pour the vodka over the ice and follow it with the Kahlua, and finish with the eggnog. Add a cinnamon stick and top with a dash of nutmeg as a garnish.
- If you want, you can stir the mixture with a cocktail spoon. Then, you can sit back and enjoy your drink!
Some people don’t like ice because it tends to water down the drink a little. If you would like your drink chilled but no ice, simply have your ingredients chilled before use, or place just a couple pieces of ice in a shaker and shake the ingredients with it before straining it into a glass.
These are best when consumed immediately. If you want to make them in advance, do not add the eggnog until you’re ready to serve.
You can use other coffee liqueurs if needed.
For the best outcome in terms of flavor, make sure to use high-quality ingredients.
How long does eggnog last in the fridge?
Discover how long eggnog can last in the refrigerator based on its preparation and alcohol content.
- Homemade Eggnog (No Alcohol): With raw eggs and dairy, homemade eggnog can stay fresh for about 2 to 3 days in the fridge. To prolong its shelf life, consider using pasteurized eggs and milk.
- Store-Bought Eggnog (No Alcohol): Opt for commercially prepared eggnog that is pasteurized and alcohol-free for a longer shelf life. If stored properly, it can last 5 to 7 days after the “best by” date.
- Eggnog with Alcohol: Preservative properties in alcohol can extend the shelf life of eggnog with rum or brandy. Enjoy it for up to a week or longer. However, trust your senses and discard if you notice any changes in taste, odor, or texture.
Remember to refrigerate your eggnog at or below 40°F (4°C) and keep it sealed. If you spot any signs of spoilage, such as off odor, unusual texture, or separation, it’s best to dispose of it.
Keep in mind that these are general guidelines, and actual shelf life varies based on ingredients and storage conditions. When unsure, follow the “best by” date for store-bought eggnog or practice food safety with homemade versions.
What is the difference between a White Russian and a Black Russian cocktail?
The main difference between the Black Russian and the White Russian is that the latter contains cream or milk, which gives it a creamier and sweeter taste. Both cocktails are easy to make and delicious, and your choice between them will depend on how creamy and sweet you want your drink to be.
The White Russian: A Cult Classic Cocktail with Pop Culture References!
Why is the White Russian Famous?
You’ve probably heard of the White Russian – it’s not just a tasty drink, but also a star in popular culture! This cocktail has made numerous appearances in movies, TV shows, and literature, making it a favorite among fans. One film that helped solidify its fame was “The Big Lebowski” (1998), where the main character, “The Dude” (played by Jeff Bridges), was known for sipping on White Russians. Join the club and indulge in this beloved drink that’s full of nostalgia and deliciousness. Cheers!