Today’s treats are inspired by Elvis and are specifically for dogs who Love Meat Tender.
Ah ha. Get it?
These easy “Fat Elvis” Dog Treats are made with Rolled Oats, 2 Eggs, a few pieces of Bacon, Natural Peanut Butter, and 1 Banana. Honestly, the clean-up is the most time-consuming part of making these treats!
House Fur’s Homemade
“Fat Elvis” Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Dog Treats
I wanted to create a recipe that had items we all usually have at home all the time and also and that are also, relatively inexpensive. I don’t know why exactly I was humming Love Me Tender, yesterday, but I was, and *poof* the idea to make a bacon dog treat came to mind! And, to make things super easy for you I have all the ingredients linked! You’re welcome!
Easy Homemade Treats
I consider this recipe to be “quick & easy” because it only has a few ingredients and all you do is blend them together. Heck, if I can make them – everyone can! For those of you who don’t already know, I am not very domestic when it comes to cooking human food, which is strictly Caleb’s forte.
It took me under an hour from setup to clean up, but I want to mention that the bake time can vary depending on how greasy the bacon is and how ripe of a banana you use. Kenzo likes his treats however he can get them, but Vik prefers his a little crunchier, so I left mine in the oven until they had a little browning on the top. You can use your best judgment and cook them a little less or a little longer.
I am excited about these Elvis-inspired dog treats, and I can’t wait for you to make them for your “goodest” boys and girls! If you do, can you please post a picture on Instagram and tag me! I would love to see & hear what your doggies thought of them! Feel free to send me a DM on Instagram with photos and your thoughts!!
Fat Elvis Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Pieces Bacon You can do more pieces if youâ€™d like
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cook 3 (or more) pieces of bacon on a few layers of paper towel in your microwave for ~8 minutes. Remove from the microwave when done and let cool before touching the plate & bacon grease will most likely be super hot!
- Put Oats, Peanut Butter, Eggs, Banana, and Cooked Bacon into a blender/food processor and set to pulse for 2-3 minutes or until all mixed. I blended mine until it became the same consistency as human oatmeal cookies.
- Scoop spoonfuls into your silicone baking sheet and press down to fill the molds. I used this one for the dog Bones & Paws shapes. Optional: If you have some extra pieces of bacon you could sprinkle some bits atop before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned on the top. The bake time may vary depending on how greasy the bacon is and how ripe the banana and what size mold you are using.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow treats to cool completely before serving to your dog. Cover and store leftovers at room temperature. These treats will look and feel a little denser than a typical human-grade Oatmeal cookie.
How Do I Store Dog Treats?
These homemade dog treats should be stored, just like cookies, in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Can These Dog Treats Be Frozen?
After they have cooled, place them in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Do you have more Dog Treat Recipes?
- Pineapple Frozen Dog Treats
- Cranberries Jubilee Dog Treats
- Wild Berry & Salmon Oil Dog Treats
- Healthy Homemade Triple Cheddar Dog Treats
- Healthy Peanut Butter & Coconut Oil Frozen Dog Treats
For more tasty treat ideas & photos of my “goodest” boys follow our Instagram @House_Fur