I needed a little change. I needed a little texture. I needed a little more “brightness” in my life. So, I did a Master Bedroom Mid Century Modern Decor Refresh!
Since I live in Milwaukee, the winter seems to last a lifetime. For those of you in the same boat (which is probably a lot of you), I’m here to hopefully help lessen the “blah-feelings” this never-ending winter is making us all feel. New throws, new doorknobs, new pillows, new mattress cooling plush pad, and a new rug! Psst: Our bedroom was featured on Decor Trendy 🙂
West Elm Mid-Century Modern Master Bedroom – Spring Decor Refresh
I love West Elm so much because they have furniture that is what I call, “modern mid-century modern.” I love that it is elegant, timeless, and at a price point I can get behind. I mean, I wish I had $8,500 to spend on an Eames Chair Lounger, but unfortunately, I do not. Thus, our entire home is a West Elm mecca.
I feel like Mid-Century style is either hit or miss; you either love it or hate it. I love it.
I really love how pieces from their different seasons and lines have worked together. I love the mix-matching patterns and variations in color.
Even just a few months ago, if you had seen our room, you would be surprised by the amount of color I added because I am notorious for being a white & black & gray kinda gal when it comes to home decorating. Remember when our home was featured on West Elm’s Front + Main Blog? SO much has changed since then! I am so excited to share the updates with you!
I love our big windows and the sliding door opening onto a patio. I think my favorite & most effective mood-elevating update is the Art Deco West Elm Rug.
Love what you see? Shop Our West Elm Master Bedroom
- CB2 Bed: The Drommen Bed is solid acacia wood, and I cannot tell how much I adore our bed. They also sell it with a leather headboard; ours is the linen one.
- Deco Fasade Rug Rug: Taking cues from art deco architecture, our hand-tufted Deco Facade Rug brings together matte and shine thanks to a combination of viscose and wool. A mix of handwoven techniques adds an element of depth.
- Mid-Century Modern Nightstand: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Nightstand marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Black Nightstand Lamp: How funny that we are photographers, and this Pottery Barn lamp is called Photographer’s Task Table Lamp.
- Mid-Century Modern Dresser: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Dresser marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Decor Pillows: All of the pillows on our bed are from West Elm. I cannot remember where I bought the leather and navy one, but you can find a similar Etsy, HERE.
- Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper: We got this from my friend Maya for our wedding. The storage basket is built to last long with durable metal construction and gives you extra-large space to store your laundry, kitchen essentials, pillows, and much more. The contrast copper handles give easy mobility options and are a must-have storage unit for your house.
- Olive Green Throw: This Cotton Knit Throw is a lightweight layer for all seasons. Pick your favorite color (or two!) to toss on the sofa or at the end of the bed.
- Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror: Oversized for maximum impact, our Metal Framed Wall mirror adds intrigue in a bedroom, behind a sofa, or wherever you have too much empty wall space. It comes in a variety of finishes so that you can pick the color that complements your home’s decor best. We went with the Antique Brass.
- Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Shams: Classic cotton bedding gets a modern update in 100% organic cotton that’s woven on a dobby loom and garment-washed for a super-soft feel. Heavyweight and rich in texture, this coverlet is a versatile layering piece for the bedroom.
Vík loves our bedroom just as much as we do!! Isn’t he so cute??
Shop My Bedroom!
1) CB2 Bed | 2) Deco Rug | 3) Mid-Century Modern Nightstand | 4) Photographer’s Task Lamp | 5) Mid-Century Modern Dresser | 6) Decor Pillows | 7) Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper | 8) Olive Green Throw | 9) Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror | 10) Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Sham | Shop My Houseplants HERE
1) CB2 Bed | 2) Deco Rug | 3) Mid-Century Modern Nightstand | 4) Photographer’s Task Lamp | 5) Mid-Century Modern Dresser | 6) Decor Pillows | 7) Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper | 8) Olive Green Throw | 9) Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror | 10) Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Shams | Shop My Houseplants HERE
Want to shop more decor from our home? Visit the House Fur Shop! Scroll to buy my favorite houseplants, my camera gear, dog supplies, and home decor!