I needed a little change. I needed a little texture. I needed a little more “brightness” in my life. So, I did a Master Bedroom Mid Century Modern Decor Refresh!
Since I live in Milwaukee, the winter seems to last a lifetime. For those of you in the same boat (which is probably a lot of you), I’m here to hopefully help lessen the “blah-feelings” this never-ending winter is making us all feel. Soft throws, matte black doorknobs, new pillows, houseplants, new mattress cooling plush pad, and a new rug! Psst: Our bedroom was featured on Decor Trendy!
West Elm Mid-Century Modern Master Bedroom – Spring Decor Refresh
I love West Elm so much because they have added a “modern mid-century modern” collection to their site. I love that it is elegant, timeless, and at a price point I can get behind. I mean, someday I will have an Eames Lounger in our bedroom too, but until then, here is our bedroom.
I feel like Mid-Century style is either hit or miss; you either love it or hate it. I love it.
I really love how pieces from their different seasons and lines have worked together. I love the mix-matching patterns and variations in color.
Even just a few months ago, if you had seen our room, you would have been surprised by the amount of color I added because I am notorious for being a white & black & gray kind of gal when it comes to home decorating. Remember when our home was featured on West Elm’s Front + Main Blog? So much has changed since then! I am so excited to share the updates with you!
I love our big windows and the sliding door opening onto a patio. I think my favorite & most effective mood-elevating update is the Art Deco West Elm Rug.
Love what you see? Shop Our West Elm Master Bedroom
- CB2 Bed: The Drommen Bed is solid acacia wood, and I cannot tell how much I adore our bed. They also sell it with a leather headboard; ours is the linen one.
- Deco Fasade Rug Rug: Taking cues from art deco architecture, our hand-tufted Deco Facade Rug brings together matte and shine thanks to a combination of viscose and wool. A mix of handwoven techniques adds an element of depth.
- Mid-Century Modern Nightstand: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Nightstand marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Black Nightstand Lamp: How funny that we are photographers, and this Pottery Barn lamp is called Photographer’s Task Table Lamp.
- Mid-Century Modern Dresser: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Dresser marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Decor Pillows: All of the pillows on our bed are from West Elm. I cannot remember where I bought the leather and navy one, but you can find a similar Etsy, HERE.
- Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper: We got this from my friend Maya for our wedding. The storage basket is built to last long with durable metal construction and gives you extra-large space to store your laundry, kitchen essentials, pillows, and much more. The contrast copper handles give easy mobility options and are a must-have storage unit for your house.
- Olive Green Throw: This Cotton Knit Throw is a lightweight layer for all seasons. Pick your favorite color (or two!) to toss on the sofa or at the end of the bed.
- Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror: Oversized for maximum impact, our Metal Framed Wall mirror adds intrigue in a bedroom, behind a sofa, or wherever you have too much empty wall space. It comes in a variety of finishes so that you can pick the color that complements your home’s decor best. We went with the Antique Brass.
- Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Shams: Classic cotton bedding gets a modern update in 100% organic cotton that’s woven on a dobby loom and garment-washed for a super-soft feel. Heavyweight and rich in texture, this coverlet is a versatile layering piece for the bedroom.
Vík loves our bedroom just as much as we do!! Isn’t he so cute??