I needed a little change. I needed a little texture. I needed a little more “brightness” in my life. So, I did a Master Bedroom Interior Spring Decor Refresh!
Since I live in Milwaukee, the winter seems to last a lifetime. For those of you in the same boat (which is probably a lot of you), I’m here to hopefully help lessen the “blah-feelings” this never-ending winter is making us all feel. New throws, new doorknobs, new pillows, new mattress cooling plush pad, and a new rug!
West Elm Mid-Century Modern Master Bedroom – Spring Decor Refresh
One of the reasons I love West Elm so much is that they have furniture that is what I call, “modern mid-century modern.” I love that it is elegant, timeless, and at a price point, I can get behind. I mean I wish I had $8,500 to spend on an Eames Chair Lounger, but unfortunately, I do not. Thus, our entire home is a West Elm mecca.
I feel like Mid-Century style is either hit or miss, you either love it or hate it. I love it.
I really love how pieces from their different seasons and lines have worked together. I love the mix-matching patterns and variations in color.
If you would have seen our room, even just a few months ago, you would be surprised by the amount of color I added, because I am notorious for being white & black & gray kinda gal. Remember when our home was featured on West Elm’s Front + Main Blog? SO much has changed since then! I am so excited to share the updates with you!
I love our big windows and the sliding door opening onto a patio. I think my favorite & most effectively mood-elevating update is the Art Deco West Elm Rug.
Love what you see? Shop Our West Elm Master Bedroom
- CB2 Bed: The Drommen Bed is solid acacia wood and I cannot tell how much I adore our bed. They also sell it with a leather headboard, ours is the linen one.
- Deco Façade Rug Rug: Taking cues from art deco architecture, our hand-tufted Deco Facade Rug brings together matte and shine thanks to a combination of viscose and wool. A mix of handwoven techniques adds an element of depth.
- Mid-Century Modern Nightstand: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Nightstand marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Black Nightstand Lamp: How funny that we are photographers and this Pottery Barn lamp is called Photographer’s Task Table Lamp.
- Mid-Century Modern Dresser: Inspired by Scandinavian modernism, our Modern Dresser marries a simple silhouette and minimal hardware with playfully angled legs in a warm pecan finish.
- Decor Pillows: All of the pillows on our bed are from West Elm. I cannot remember where I bought the leather and navy one, but you can find a similar one on Etsy, HERE.
- Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper: We got this from my friend Maya for our wedding. The storage basket is built to last long with durable metal construction and gives you extra-large space to store your laundry, kitchen essentials, pillows, and much more. The contrast copper handles give easy mobility options and are a must-have storage unit for your house.
- Olive Green Throw: This Cotton Knit Throw is a lightweight layer for all seasons. Pick your favorite color (or two!) to toss on the sofa or at the end of the bed.
- Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror: Oversized for maximum impact, our Metal Framed Wall mirror adds intrigue in a bedroom, behind a sofa or wherever you simply have too much empty wall space. It comes in a variety of finishes so that you can pick the color that complements your home’s decor best. We went with the Antique Brass.
- Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Shams: Classic cotton bedding gets a modern update in 100% organic cotton that’s woven on a dobby loom and garment-washed for a super-soft feel. Heavyweight and rich in texture, this coverlet is a versatile layering piece for the bedroom.
Vík loves our bedroom just as much as we do!! Isn’t he so cute??
1) CB2 Bed | 2) Deco Façade Rug Rug | 3) Mid-Century Modern Nightstand | 4) Photographer’s Task Lamp | 5) Mid-Century Modern Dresser | 6) Decor Pillows | 7) Extra Large Round Wire Decorative Storage Bin with Handles Copper | 8) Olive Green Throw | 9) Antique Brass 48in Round Mirror | 10) Dobby Ladder Stripe Coverlet & Shams