I have a rug addiction. I’m not ashamed to admit it.
I love rugs because they can make such a dramatic change in the appearance of a room.
I unapologetically have purchased 2-3 rugs for each of our rooms one the past 3 years.
I buy rugs frequently for a few reasons:
- When we first got VÃk, he chewed through 2 bedroom rugs. But, you can’t blame him, he was just a puppy.
- I didn’t realize how fragile certain materials were when there are two large furry dogs wrestling on them and I am particular about the fabrics in our home looking neat and tight. Rug frays and pulls drive me crazy.
- I didn’t realize which rugs would be extremely hard to keep fur-free. With our two furry dogs (one being a long haired shepherd) the fur gets weaved into the fibers and is difficult to vacuum out; which is why I am a fan of low-pile rugs and rugs that are considered indoor-outdoor.
- I get bored and I like to change the look of our rooms every-so-often.
When we first bought our home I was struggling to find the right size rugs and I struggled to know the right size rugs to use depending on how we chose to organize the furniture in rooms.
Anyways, it’s time for a rug-round-up post. Here are some rugs that I have recently purchased and a handful that are on my wish list.
This post contains affiliate links. A purchase referred from one of my links will not cost you anymore. I will just receive a small commission. Thank you for your support and readership.
Shop My Rug Love List Now
1) West Elm Reflected Diamonds Indoor/Outdoor Rug – We have this one in our dining room. Reversible and easy to care for, our handwoven Reflected Diamonds Indoor/Outdoor Rug is made of recycled polyester that’s both incredibly soft and highly durable. Its linework design adds modern pattern to high-traffic areas, from playroom to entry to patio.
2) West Elm Rani Rug – Part of our Distressed Heirloom collection, the handcrafted Rani Rug is detailed with intricate pattern thatâ€™s aged and worn as if by centuries of time. It’s hand loomed from a mix of durable wool and lustrous viscose thatâ€™s distressed, adding character and making it easy to mix with even modern furnishings.
3) CB2 Sketch Grey Wool Rug – Designed by Bryn Namavari, grey wool rug was inspired by the chaos of birds taking flight. Originally a series of individual ink drawings, the pattern was adapted then woven into this artful rug design. CB2 exclusive.
4) CB2 Portrait Black Rug – Nod to a traditional Persian rug design, black and ivory motif brings forward a modern interpretation. Hand-knotted with handspun wool then washed and distressed for an elegant luster finish. Both vintage and modern at the same time. CB2 exclusive.
5) Poly & Bark Casablanca Rug – An impeccable pairing of contemporary sophistication and classic Moroccan charm, this area rug makes a bold statement with geometric zig-zag and diamond patterns in gray and black on a rich antique ivory background. Crafted in multiple sizes with shed-resistant low pile for endless resilience.
6) West Elm Aziza Rug – A new take on shag, the Aziza Rug is made with fold over fringe that’s inspired by traditional Moroccan rugs, but with a shorter pile that’s less prone to shedding. Each one is hand tufted from a mix of durable wool and nylon.
7)Serena Lily Ryder Denim Rug – Wool for softness, denim for relaxed ease. This original design is equal parts charming and dynamic, comfortable and stylish. We love its super-textural feel and airy palette of worn-in denim and soft white. Expertly woven by hand, no two are exactly alike.
8) Serena Lily Ryland Rug -Like folk art for the floor, this Scandinavian-inspired design is hand woven in heathery shades from undyed New Zealand wool, chosen for its superior strength, softness, and natural color. Felted for cozy texture, itâ€™s the ultra-plush layer youâ€™ve been seeking.
9) USA Rugs Double Diamond Lattice Shag Snowpeak Rug – Add a trendy element as well as depth to your room with this geometric patterned contemporary rug. Made of 100% polyester and hand-tufted, this solid and striped rug comes in runner and rectangular shapes.
Need some modern houseplant planters to go with your new rugs? I’ve written 8 Modern Houseplant Planters post for you!