Caleb’s signature Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita is the perfect amount of Sweet, Smokey and Spicy!
I knew Margarita Day was just around the corner, so I asked Caleb if he could come up with a beverage for our next episode of our House Fur Happy Hour podcast.
He took our love for peppers and created the cocktail of my dreams! Not to mention, he was completely “on brand” with the colors! I without a doubt found the best husband! My favorite part was how the spiciness got more intense as you sipped.
Caleb’s signature Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita is the best margarita recipe for Cinco de Mayo, National Margarita Day, or just an average day! Spicy, smokey, and delicious, this margarita is made with fresh lime juice, agave syrup, and orange liqueur.
Here’s the recipe, featuring some of our favorite brands; Bozal Mezcal, Good City Orange Liqueur, and Maldon Sea Salt Crystals. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting House Fur.
Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita
1 1/2 Ounce Bozal Mezcal
1 1/2 Ounce Good Land Orange Liqueur by Great Lakes Distillery
1 Ounce Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Bluava 100% Agave Nectar
1/4 Habanero Pepper
- Muddle Habanero in shaker with Agave Nectar and Lime Juice. Add Ice, Mezcal, and Liqueur.
- Shake 30 seconds until shaker frosts.
- Rim Glasses with Lime and Coat with Maldon Salt Crystals.
- Add Ice to Glasses and strain from Shaker.
- Garnish with Lime and Habanero slices.
- Have a glass of milk handy, if you are a wuss.