Caleb’s signature Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita is the perfect amount of Sweet, Smokey and Spicy!
He took our love for peppers and created the cocktail of my dreams! Not to mention, he was completely “on brand” with the colors! I without a doubt found the best husband! My favorite part was how the spiciness got more intense as you sipped.
Caleb’s signature Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita is the best margarita recipe for Cinco de Mayo, National Margarita Day, or just an average day! Spicy, smokey, and delicious, this margarita is made with fresh lime juice, agave syrup, and orange liqueur.
Quick question before we get the juices flowing. What is Cinco de Mayo? Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5 to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862.
Here’s the recipe, featuring some of our favorite brands; Bozal Mezcal, Good City Orange Liqueur, and Maldon Sea Salt Crystals.
Spicy Habanero Mezcal Margarita
- 1 1/2 Ounce Bozal Mezcal
- 1 1/2 Ounce Good Land Orange Liqueur by Great Lakes Distillery
- 1 Ounce Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Bluava 100% Agave Nectar
- 1/4 Habanero Pepper
- Maldon Sea Salt Crystals
- Muddle Habanero in shaker with Agave Nectar and Lime Juice. Add Ice, Mezcal, and Liqueur.
- Shake 30 seconds until shaker frosts.
- Rim Glasses with Lime and Coat with Maldon Salt Crystals.
- Add Ice to Glasses and strain from Shaker.
- Garnish with Lime and Habanero slices.
- Have a glass of milk handy, if you are a wuss.