Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the use of techniques that bring high quality traffic to your website through organic search engine results. If you think about any time you’ve searched for something on an engine like Google, consider the top results as those with the best SEO techniques in place.
Why is SEO important?
Creating a website that brings in a large quantity of high quality traffic is important to ensuring that your business thrives. With the right kind of traffic passing through, you’re going to receive better business offers, sell more products, gain more clients, or whatever the goal of your business may be.
How can I increase my SEO?
So how can you take control of the quantity and quality of traffic coming to your site? Try these tips to UP your SEO game & bring more traffic to your website! I promise, even a beginner can do it!
7 SEO Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Website
- Add internal links to your content – when creating blog posts or new pages on your website, make sure to add links to other content elsewhere on your site, keeping potential business engaged rather than having them visit another website
- Optimize your page titles and meta descriptions – create titles that are specific to your content, location, or business name. You want to make certain that if someone searches for your services in your area, your titles and descriptions populate that information
- Use headings and formatting options to make your pages easier to read – a website that is easy to negotiate brings more traffic and holds the attention of the reader for longer. Create a page flow that brings the reader all the way down the page, then links to another page within the site
- Ensure that your website is secure – Google prefers websites that are secure, so ensure that your website has a valid SSL certificate to rank higher in organic searches
- Check for broken or orphaned links – ensure that the links in your content are still active, whether they’re linked to internal or external sites. This improves the reader’s trust in your content, whereas broken links can feel like old or outdated information
- Improve your page speed – use a tool like Pingdom to test your page’s load speed. Search engine results prefer pages that load quickly, so if your page is underperforming, follow suggestions for increasing load speed
- Update your site with fresh content – if you don’t already have a blog, creating one and posting every other week is a great way to keep the content on your page fresh and exciting. This fresh content brings your site up through the ranks in organic searches
Using these easy SEO tips brings your website up in the ranks of organic searches on engines like Google, which turns into higher traffic and better business in the long run. If you’ve found your website traffic to be lacking in quality or quantity, take advantage of some of these great ways of bringing in better business.