After today’s blog post you will have learned that I am not the kind of person who:
- sacrifices comfort for an outfit
- skimps on quality skincare
- ignores the girls section at Target
You will also find out that this is my first Summer “off” in 15 years and that I am soaking up all the sunshine, relaxation, and slow-ness as much as possible and these looks & loves have helped me do just that!
My Summer Looks & Loves 2020
Joya BarrisÂ (RashiÂda Jones) has the BEST sunglasses! She wears Celine Women’s Square Sunglasses, 53mmÂ in #blackÂAF SeaÂson 1 Episode 8. I love the size and the yellow gradient lenses. I got mine from Nordstrom.Â They go with everything – a bathing suit, oversized hoodie, workout clothes, and even, a tee-shirt dress!
If you haven’t checked out this mockumentary on Netflix, you are missing out on a lot of laughter, great fashion, and a fun cast of performances.
What it is: A facial cream that hydrates and smoothes skin while providing 24-hour moisturization.
Who it’s for: All skin types.
What it does: It immediately leaves skin 2â€“3 times more hydrated, even in skin’s driest areas. Formulated with glacial glycoprotein, which is derived from sea glaciers, and olive-derived squalane, this beloved moisturizer helps strengthen skin’s barrier and leaves it feeling comfortable and well balanced. With an ultra-light texture, it absorbs easily for softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. Gentle and effective, this bestseller is now ultra-clean and ultra-tested.
How to use: Apply to clean facial skin day or night as needed to combat moisture depletion.
- Paraben-free; sulfate-free; phthalate-free; carbamide-free; TEA-free &Â Made in the USA
Update: This is no longer available, but I found a similar one in maroon here on Urban Outfitters.
I believe in the idea that what you wear makes you feel better – this classic pullover Nirvana sweatshirt always makes me feel better. It is washed-soft and faded for that vintage-grunge look I love! You can only find it at Urban Outfitters.
You all know how much I love smoothies and blended food – so I finally treated myself to a Vitamin Blender! I am so happy! We’ve only had it since the 16th (it is now July 19) and we have already made: salted butter, mango margaritas, cold brew frothy coffee, frozen mojitos, spicy green gazpacho, and pizza dough for a skillet pizza!! Yep! We love it!
I highly recommend this Vitamix blender it if you are looking for an easy to clean blender that is quick, relatively quiet, and has multi-functions for blending, chopping, mixing, etc.
- Automated Blending: Five pre-programmed settings ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results for smoothie, frozen dessert, soup, and purÃ©e recipes.
- You’re in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe; Cord: 6 ft
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets. Electrical Ratings – 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results.
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. What’s in the Box: motor base, low-profile 64 oz. container, cookbook, getting started guide, DVD, low-profile tamper.HP: 2.2-peak
Caleb and I got a facial at Alchemy Face Bar in Boulder, Colorado and it was the kind of facial you dream about! I cannot tell you how relaxing, stress-free, convenient, and personalized this facial was! I have never felt more comfortable about a total stranger being that close to me AND my face and neck felt tight and dewy for nearly 3 days post-facial!! I’m serious!
The last step of the facial included a tinted SPF and a lip balm application. I immediately asked what lip balm it was because I needed to buy it! I’ve been using it every day before I go to bed and my lips are so healthy and plump! I have struggled with dry flakey lips my entire life – so far so good since I have been using this Eminence citrus lip balm! Highly recommend!
- A petroleum-free revitalizing lip balm. Helps improve the overall tone and texture of lips. Contains Sunflower Seed Oil. rich in vitamins A. D and E to revitalize lips. Blended with Shea Butter and Beeswax for nourishing and repairing actions. Infused with Lemon Balm. source of vitamin C to pacify lips. Loaded with Papaya to mildly exfoliate the dead lip skin. Lips appear toned. sleeker. plumper. brighter and younger-looking. Great for dry. chapped. cracked and uncomfortable lips lacking definition.
Caleb and I have been spending so much time outdoors!
I am finally realizing what it means to have a life with my husband. I’ve been photographing weddings for 15 years and do to the world’s current situation, weddings have been sparse this year.
Silver-lining of this unprecedented time = I’ve been able to spend uninterrupted time at home with Caleb and our “goodest” boys. I have never had before and I have been able to pivot my business so that it emphasizes the work I truly love.
We’ve been enjoying our morning coffee and podcast news updates outside on our patio furniture propping our feet up on this Moroccan Leather Pouf! Â I am proud of the newest addition to our patio area!
I’ve been saving up for one of these – they are expensive but so cute and well worth it! Poufs are the perfect addition to any patio setup!
- The Fulton Bag Co. Wide Mouth 16 Can Cooler Tote has an extra-large main compartment that holds 16 cans plus ice. The insulated cooler uses high-density thermal insulation to keep food and drinks cold and an Ultra SafeÂ® leak-proof, easy clean lining with MicrobanÂ® to help protect against bacterial odors and stains.
- The exterior includes a large front zippered accessory pocket and 2 side mesh pockets for additional storage. The dual carry handles make carrying cold food & drinks easy. The Fulton Bag Co Wide Mouth 16 Can Cooler Tote is great for the whole family and is perfect for hikes, picnics, day trips, or sporting events!
Who doesn’t love stripes & popsicles?
This swimsuit is from the kids section of Target – Cat & Jack has the best stuff! I have a navy winter peacoat and a yellow rain jacket from Cat & Jack!
After photographing my client’s Jess, Drew and their daughter Stella, I immediately went to Target the next morning so I could buy this tee shirt dress. Pictured below, and in their blog post, you can see that Jess is wearing it. I love how she tied a knot on one side. It looks amazing!!
I bought it in 2 colors! It is so light, airy, soft, and comfy! I want to get the mustard yellow one now too!!
Shop my summer looks & loves!!! Lemme know in the comments what you decide to buy!!
1) Joya Barris’ CELINE SunglassesÂ | 2) Ultra Facial CreamÂ | 3) Nirvana Smiley Faded Crew Neck SweatshirtÂ |Â 4) Vitamix Professional Series 750 BlenderÂ | 5) Eminence Citrus Lip BalmÂ | 6) Moroccan Leather PoufÂ | 7) Fulton Bag Co. Wide-Mouth Cooler ToteÂ | 8) Popsicle SwimsuitÂ | 9) Universal ThreadÂ Women’s Short Sleeve T-Shirt Dress