Our monochromatic kitchen is bright, spacious, and inviting. I spend a lot of time sitting at the island blogging & editing photos. Our kitchen is not only great for cooking but because of the main floor’s circular floor plan, it is well suited for entertaining as well.
The kitchen was move-in ready when we bought the home, except for the gas-range, garbage disposal, and the faucet.
We replaced the gas-range because the original one was pretty ugly and cheap. For our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary, I gifted Caleb with the new KitchenAid one. There was no garbage disposal so Caleb installed one shortly after we moved in. And the faucet is our latest update – and I am obsessed with how the matte black faucet looks! I love the contrast and balance between stainless steel & black in our kitchen. The only other piece we added to our kitchen was the knife magnet.
My favorite features:
- A simple stainless hood installed over the long dining island that creates a striking focal point.
- The 4 Leather bar stools maximizes full use for the long dining island with our kitchenmaid gas range and lots of cabinet space below.
- Our large pantry allows us to store food and other kitchen utilities out of sight, but still easily accessible for use when needed. This keeps the kitchen from becoming cluttered.
- The modern black cabinets, stainless appliances, quartz countertops, and the white beveled backsplash tiles.
- Ample amount of overhead artificial lighting paired with and a west-facing window over our stainless steel double sink with a gooseneck faucet keep this kitchen bright and airy
- I love how we only have a few pops of color amongst the predominantly black & white palette.
Shop Our Kitchen . . .
Stools: West Elm Slope Leather Bar & Counter Stools (we ordered the counter height)
Magnetic Knife Block: Crate & Barrel Schmidt Brothers ® Black Magnetic 18″ Wall Bar
SHOP More Items: