Our monochromatic kitchen is bright, spacious, and inviting. Our kitchen is not only great for cooking, but because of the main floor’s circular floor plan, it is well suited for entertaining as well. I never thought I would black kitchen cabinets and appliances this much!
The kitchen was move-in ready when we bought our home, but of course, we had some ideas for how we could make it even better: swapping the gas-range, adding garbage disposal and a new faucet, etc. The IKEA kitchen cabinets have held up extremely well, and I am thrilled! With just a few small but impactful, updates we’ve made it one of our favorite rooms in our home!
My favorite features:
- A simple stainless hood exhaust installed over the long island creates a striking focal point.
- The hidden dishwasher. Can you find it?? It’s just to the right of the sink!
- Our 4 Leather Bar Stools from West Elm maximizes our long island with our kitchenmaid gas range and lots of cabinet space below.
- Our large walk-in pantry allows us to store food and large kitchen appliances out of sight but still easily accessible for use when needed. This keeps the kitchen from becoming cluttered.
- The modern black cabinets, stainless appliances, quartz countertops, and the white beveled backsplash tiles.
- The ample amount of overhead artificial lighting paired with a west-facing window over our stainless steel double sink with a gooseneck faucet keeps this kitchen bright and airy.
- I love how we only have a few pops of color amongst the predominantly black & white palette.
- We replaced the gas-range because the original one was pretty ugly and cheap. For our 1st Wedding Anniversary, I gifted Caleb with a new KitchenAid stovetop.
- There was no garbage disposal, so Caleb installed one shortly after we moved in.
- Swapped out all of the brushed nickel doorknobs with matte black doorknobs. We did these throughout the entire house. You can see them in the powder room and pantry doors.
- The matte black faucet is our latest update – and I am obsessed with how the matte black faucet looks! I love the contrast and balance between stainless steel & black in our kitchen.
- We removed the sliding doors that separated the kitchen from the sunroom porch.
BEFORE UPDATES/WHEN WE MOVED IN:
Shop My Kitchen Favorites
- Faucet: VIGO VG02008MB Handle Pulldown Arc Brass Kitchen Sink Faucet, Single Hole Install, 360 Swivel Spout, Premium Seven Layer Plated Matte Black Finish
- Stools: West Elm Slope Leather Bar & Counter Stools (we ordered the counter height)
- Modern Flour, Sugar, Utensil Canisters: Cb2 Kitchen Canisters (they are sold out of ours, but here are similar ones from West Elm)
- Magnetic Knife Block: Crate & Barrel Schmidt Brothers ® Black Magnetic 18″ Wall Bar
SHOP More Items:
- Black Letter Board
- Kohler Air Gap Cover – Matte Black
- VIGO Matte Black Kitchen Faucet -Matte Black
- Black Striped Accent Rug
- Jade Bloom Protect Handsoap
- Hearth & Hand Kitchen Towels
- Crate & Barrel Knife Magnet
- Gorilla Grip Indoor Water Absorbent Rug for Under the Dogs’ Waterbowl
- KitchenAid Range
- Sodastream – White
- CB2 Containers
- William Sonoma Wooden Utensils
- Copper Salt & Pepper Shaker
- Target Butter Dish
- Bonavita Coffee Maker
- Distressed Metal Bar Stools
- Wüsthof Knife
- West Elm Matte Black Flatware
- Square Marble Cheese Board
- Planter Wall Set (click for similar)
- hOmeLabs Range Hood Exhaust Fan