Our monochromatic kitchen is bright, spacious, and inviting. I spend a lot of time sitting at the island blogging & editing photos. Our kitchen is not only great for cooking, but because of the main-floor’s circular floor plan, it is well suited for entertaining as well.
The kitchen was move-in ready when we bought the home, except for the gas-range, garbage disposal, and the faucet.
We replaced the gas-range because the original one was pretty ugly and cheap. For our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary, I gifted Caleb with the new KitchenAid one. There was no garbage disposal so Caleb installed one shortly after we moved in. And the faucet is our latest update – and I am obsessed with how the matte black faucet looks! I love the contrast and balance between the stainless steel & black in our kitchen. The only other piece we added to our kitchen was the knife magnet.
My favorite features:
- A simple stainless hood installed over the long dining island that creates a striking focal point.
- 4 Metal bar stools maximizes full use for the long dining island with our kitchenmaid gas range and lots of cabinet space below.
- Our large pantry allows us to store food and other kitchen utilities out of sight, but still easily accessible for use when needed. This keeps the kitchen from becoming cluttered.
- The modern black cabinets, stainless appliances, quartz countertops, and the white beveled backsplash tiles.
- Ample amount of overhead artificial lighting paired with and a west facing window over our stainless steel double sink with a gooseneck faucet keep this kitchen bright and airy
- I love how we only have a few pops of color amongst the predominantly black & white palette.
Shop Our Kitchen . . .