It’s time for another #stopkillinghouseplants post!!
I am on a mission to get more peeps confident in keeping their houseplants alive for longer than the car ride home! #stopkillinghouseplants
Every Monday for the month of July, I am sharing some of my favorite houseplants, why I love them, and my quick care tips! Because it is no secret that my doggies and my houseplants have changed my life! Caring for my houseplants has taught me to slow down and appreciate life!! I hope my #stopkillingyourhouseplants series can help you end your stint as a houseplant serial killer.
Heartleaf Philodendron AKA: SCANDENS OXYCARDIUM
Description: There are over 200 different varieties of philodendron plants that come in different sizes, colors, and even leaf shapes! The heartleaf has dark green, shiny, heart-shaped leaves. Heartleaf philodendrons are great for homes, but also are fantastic cubicle or office friends to keep you company at work! I love to put my Heart-leafed friends on shelves and in hanging planters! ((Psssst. Doesn’t it look fantastic on my new @westelm Nolan Entryway shelf?))
Why I Love It: I love Heartleaf Philodendrons because they are so pretty to look at, easy to take care of because they do not require a lot of light or daily waterings. And, best of all! Heartleaf Philodendrons remove air-born toxins such as formaldehyde from the air!!
My Quick Care Tip: They love being neglected! The easiest way to kill them is by overwatering them. I love philodendron plants because they are so pretty, easy to take care of and they remove air-born toxins such as formaldehyde from the air!!
Where to Buy It: You may be able to find it at Home Depot or your local farmer’s market, but if not you can order a Heart Leaf Philodendron online. When ordering plants online I love Hirt’s Gardens. I also always use Miracle Grow Organic & Natural Potting Soil mixed with Perlite for all of my houseplants.
More Houseplant Care Posts You May Enjoy
- 10 Houseplants That Would Love to Go Outside During the Summer
- Do you want the same houseplants as me? I have been adding my plants to the Shop – with direct links to my favorite online nurseries and plant sellers.
- How to Propagate a Heartleaf Philodendron in Water: this is how you can have hundreds of plant babies to share with friends and family
- How to Grow Lemons Indoors: yep! it is possible to grow citrus fruit indoors!
- How to Use Leftover Coffee for Houseplant Fertilizer: this is one of the most popular posts on my blog – for good reason!!
- How to Use Artificial Plant Lights: sometimes if there is a specific plant I want in a specific room, I will use artificial light to keep it happy