Are you looking for a happy and healthy treat for your pup? Finding the right natural treats that won’t break the bank can be difficult but don’t worry! We have scoured the shelves to find the best dog treats that will keep tails wagging or just make them extra happy when they reach that well-deserved treat after a long walk.
In this blog post, we are bringing you our top picks for healthy dog treats made with all-natural ingredients so you can spoil your pup guilt-free. Read on to learn how these delicious goodies not only taste good – but also do your furry four-legged friend some good!
The Best Healthy Dog Treats
Introducing the Best Healthy Treats for Dogs
As a dog owner, you always want to make sure your furry friend is happy and healthy. One way to ensure this is by providing them with healthy treats that are not only delicious but also good for them.
The market offers a variety of healthy dog treats, but it can be overwhelming to choose the best ones.
Some of the best healthy treats for your dog contain carrots, oats, apples, sweet potatoes, blueberries, chicken, beef, and pumpkin.
These treats are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and fibers that promote healthy digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, and support the immune system.
Giving your dog healthy treats not only shows them love but also benefits their overall health and well-being.
What Ingredients Should You Look for in Dog Treats
When it comes to spoiling our furry friends with treats, it’s important to make sure we’re choosing options that are good for them too! That’s why it’s always a good idea to look for treats made with healthy ingredients like sweet potatoes, peanut butter, and real meat.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain a ton of vitamins and minerals that can help support your pup’s immune system and even aid in digestion. Plus, they’re a tasty way to add some extra fiber to your dog’s diet!
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is another great option, as long as it’s unsalted and doesn’t contain any xylitol (which is toxic to dogs!). This nutty spread is packed with protein, healthy fats, and vitamin B, so it’s no wonder why most pups go crazy for it.
- Real Meat: Lastly, real meat treats are always a winning choice. Chicken, beef, tuna, and other types of real meat are full of protein and essential nutrients that can help keep your pup’s energy levels up.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants and fiber, both of which support your pup’s digestive system. These juicy treats are also low in calories and make for a yummy snack that won’t break the bank!
- Pumpkin: This superfood contains fiber that can help with your pup’s digestion and overall health. Plus, the extra beta-carotene helps keep their coat looking shining and healthy!
- Whole Grains: Whole grains provide an important nutritional resource for your dog, including B vitamins, iron, magnesium, selenium, carbohydrates for energy, and fiber to aid in digestion.
Remember, always check the ingredients before buying any treats for your dog and consult your veterinarian if you have any questions about their diet.
|Takeaway: When you’re checking out the dog treat aisle, it’s important to scrutinize the ingredient list carefully. Look for treats that are made with high-quality, natural ingredients such as real meat, fruits, and vegetables. Even better if you can find treats that are made with human-grade ingredients. Avoid treats that contain artificial preservatives, fillers, and other additives. Additionally, consider your dog’s dietary needs and any allergies or sensitivities they may have.|
Ingredients to Avoid In Dog Treats
Giving your dog healthy treats is a great way to show them so much love while also providing them with essential vitamins and minerals.
Choosing treats for your pup, it’s important to avoid any with the following ingredients:
- Sweeteners, including xylitol, which can be toxic to dogs
- Propylene glycol and other artificial preservatives
- Fillers like corn or soy
- Meat by-products like beef tallow or animal fat
- Artificial flavors
- Artificial colors
- Excessive sodium
- Unclear or ambiguous labels (i.e., “meat meal” or “poultry by-products”)
An Easy Way to Show Your Love: Homemade Dog Treats
Making homemade dog treats is an easy and fun way to show your pup some extra love. Not only are homemade treats delicious, but they also give you a chance to customize them to fit your pup’s specific dietary needs or preferences.
Most homemade treat recipes use high-quality ingredients like peanut butter, oats, applesauce, yogurt, and pumpkin puree.
These ingredients are not only delicious but also offer your pup important vitamins and minerals that they need to stay healthy.
RELATED READ: Can Dogs Eat Strawberry Yogurt? A Guide for Dog Owners
Plus, you can easily make them in bulk, so you’re always stocked up on treats for your pup!
No matter what type of snack you choose for your pup, make sure it’s one that fits their dietary needs as well as their taste buds.
The Most Popular and Nutritious Dog Treats
Who doesn’t want to spoil their furry friend with a tasty treat? With so many options out there, it can be tough to decide what to give your pup.
We’ve rounded up the most popular and nutritious dog treats that will make your pup’s tail wag with delight.
From crunchy snacks to homemade dog treats, these treats are sure to satisfy your pup’s cravings while also providing them with essential nutrients.
Plus, they’re all made with high-quality ingredients that you can feel good about giving to your furry pal. So go ahead, pick up a bag (or two) of these tasty treats, and watch your pup’s eyes light up with joy.
1) Old Mother Hubbard Classic Bac’N’Cheez Biscuits Baked Dog Treats
These all-natural large crunchy dog biscuits are made with a taste of bacon, cheddar cheese, apples, and carrots for a treat your dog will love.
They are made in America using only the finest globally sourced ingredients and no added artificial preservatives.
2) Blue Buffalo Bits Natural Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
These bite-sized treats come in different flavors and are a great low-calorie snack, and are perfect for bringing along on walks or during training sessions.
Blue Buffalo Bits dog training treats are made with delicious real chicken as the first ingredient making them an ideal reward for your best friend’s best behavior.
3) Tripple Cheddar Cheese Treats
I came up with this recipe because our GSD Vik is such a picky eater, and it was hard to find high-quality treats he loved.
These homemade cheesy dog treats are made with Oats, Coconut Oil, Eggs, and Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese. They’ve received rave reviews from my readers and my doggies. 😉
4) The Honest Kitchen Goat’s Milk N’ Cookies: Slow Baked with Peanut Butter & Honey
These Goat’s Milk N’ Cookies contain real goat’s milk which is full of probiotics to support a happy belly.
These crunchy cookies are slow-baked in small batches to provide your pup with a delicious dip of rich goat’s milk, creamy peanut butter, and a touch of sweet honey.
This natural dog treat is made with ingredients you’d recognize from your own kitchen with uncompromising quality & safety standards.
These healthy dog treats contain no artificial preservatives, by-products, fillers, GMO ingredients, corn, wheat, or soy.
5) Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats
I hope your doggy enjoys these healthy homemade coconut oil and peanut butter dog treats as much as Kenzo + Vík! The main ingredient in these treats is peanut butter which is high in protein and healthy fat.
6) Spot Farms Chicken Nuggets – Healthy All Natural Dog Treats Human Grade Grain Free
These bite-sized Chicken Nuggets treats are made with antibiotic-free chicken and high-quality, human-grade ingredients.
These treats are cooked in small batches with nutritious, human-grade ingredients like antibiotic-free chicken, organic cane sugar, salt, vinegar, and rosemary extract—never with any by-products or waste.
7) Wholesome Pride Sweet Potato Chews
These sweet potato chews are a healthy treat for dogs of all ages. These chews are slow-cooked to help maintain the natural sweetness and flavor that your pup will love. Plus, they’re free from wheat, corn, soy, artificial preservatives, and flavors.
8) Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Beef Wild Weenies Dog Treats
Kenzo and Vík go wild for these treats. Stella & Chewy’s Wild Weenies are made of 97% beef and organs. They are perfect for dogs with food sensitivities and can help support healthy digestion, strong teeth & gums, vibrant skin & coat, and stamina & vitality. Stella treats have no added hormones, antibiotics, or artificial ingredients.
How to Choose the Right Treats for Your Dog
Start by considering their dietary needs and any potential allergies or sensitivities they may have. Look for treats that are made with high-quality ingredients and free from any harmful additives or artificial flavors.
It’s also important to consider the size and texture of the treat. For smaller dogs, opt for smaller treats that are easy to chew, while larger dogs may prefer something a bit more substantial to sink their teeth into.
Older dogs with health problems or poor dental health may prefer softer treats, but puppies that are teething will love harder, long-lasting dental chews.
If you aren’t seeing much on the shelf for your dog, you can always make your own dog treats at home!
Don’t forget to also take into account their personal preferences and taste preferences – after all, they are the ones who will be enjoying the treats!
Simple Tips on Serving Your Furry Friend His Favorite Healthy Treats
Here are some simple tips that you can follow to make sure that your furry friend is not only happy but also healthy:
- Choose treats that are specifically formulated for your pet’s age, breed, and size.
- Read the ingredient labels to ensure that the treats do not contain any harmful ingredients that can harm your furry friend.
- Store treats in an airtight container or bag to keep them fresh and free from contamination. Key in mind that some treats need to be refrigerated.
- Don’t go overboard with the treats – moderation is key when it comes to indulging your pet. Only serve the recommended serving size listed on the package. This helps ensure that your pup isn’t getting too many calories in their treat.
What are training treats?
Training treats are small, bite-sized treats that are specifically designed to reward your pup for their good behavior. They typically contain fewer calories than regular treats and come in a variety of flavors and textures.
Are homemade dog treats healthy?
Yes! Homemade dog treats are just as healthy, if not healthier, than store-bought treats. Plus, you can tailor the ingredients to your pup’s dietary needs and preferences, making them even more nutritious and tasty.
What are high-value treats?
High-value treats are treats that have a more intense flavor and scent than regular treats. These types of treats are typically used for training purposes, as they will motivate your pup to complete the task at hand. These treats usually are single ingredient low-calorie snacks. Examples include freeze-dried liver, cheese cubes, hot dogs, and boiled chicken breast.
What are the best treats for overweight dogs?
It is best to stick with treats that contain fewer calories and are made from high-quality, natural ingredients. Single-ingredient low-calorie snacks such as freeze-dried liver, boiled chicken breast, and Greek yogurt are all excellent options for overweight pups.
Additionally, look for treats that have no added sugar or artificial flavors. These treats can provide your pup with the same reward without adding extra calories to their diet.
Are dental chews good for dogs?
Dental chews are a great way to keep your pup’s teeth and gums healthy! Dental chews help remove plaque and tartar buildup, as well as freshen breath. Look for chews that are specifically designed for your pup’s size and age, as some may be too hard or tough for smaller pups. Additionally, make sure to read the ingredient list to ensure there are no artificial flavors or colors in the chew.
Overall, giving your dog the right treats is a great first step in taking care of them. From understanding why healthy treats are important to researching ingredients, you can make the best decision for your four-legged friend.
Keep in mind that no two dogs are alike and will have different preferences and needs.
With these simple tips and some knowledge about dog nutrition, you can give your furry friend the best healthy treats every day!